Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

You haven’t met my wife either.

1 Like

That isnt what I intended to suggest with those comments. I do see what a lot of others are with our midfield, but our issues go much deeper than that. It wasnt our midfield on Monday who just stood and watched ball after ball put into our box and did nothing after all.

What I was getting at is whether the message, coming from the same people, into the same ears, is getting stale and standards have dropped. Is Milly busting your jobs for not performing a drill properly in training less impactful when he’s now a guy who gets 10 mins a months? To win the way we did required day to day excellence…minute to minute to excellence when we were on the job. That is hard (duh), but even harder to sustain after a period of success. I have no idea if it is true, but I was hear from someone like Adam Lallana (someone who experienced it at its peak and now has some distance from the group) that he visited for a day and noticed a change in focus I would not be surprised. Both because of understanding the difficulty in sustaining what we had, and from what I am seeing over and over again on the pitch.

1 Like

I’m sure there’s a thousand management courses on this same subject. Eventually, everybody’s blind to the same noise / image etc. I notice dirty windows at other shops and business but not the eternal ones at my place. Is the phrase familiarity breeds contempt?

1 Like

It is.

The messaging and the monitoring of the consistent execution of that philosophy comes from the top.

So either we replace the players…or we replace the man at the top.

Or maybe both.

Yes, let’s replace the manager and players that have brought so much success and joy…because we’ve been poor for a few months after coming just short of an unprecedented quadruple

2 Likes

I’m becoming more and more convinced that this is the case. In which case, you have to wonder how prepared Klopp is to take drastic measures. On the face of it, it doesn’t look like he’s planning the sort of clearout that may be required. Not when he went against Edwards to secure Henderson a new contract and he is now pushing for Firmino’s renewal.

Any evidence for either of these claims?

2 Likes

I don’t suppose that you’d accept articles stating as much so the biggest evidence that I can offer is that Henderson did sign a new 4 year contract and that there are talks for a new contract with Firmino as well.

Unless you think that the club has done so against Klopp’s wishes.

1 Like

I still do feel the pre season created a fair lot of issues.

Too many players are not playing to any kind of level that we know they can and that doesn’t much change in 3 months.

Some have gradually been getting worse, I still feel the club is hamstrung by it’s ability to buy more than one it feels a year.

1 Like

Adidas jacket too

1 Like

Watching the u21’s earlier today.

Searching for a midfielder …

Clark?

:rofl: :rofl:

Yankees hat, silent protest against FSG.

:joy:

Klopp’s latest comments shows how out of touch he really is.Him and Lijnders need to go along with FSG.

[quote=“plamen_tatov88, post:2359, topic:48, full:true”]
Klopp’s latest comments shows how out of touch he really is.Him and Lijnders need to go along with FSG.[/quote]
Please stay away again. Perhaps for a lot longer this time.

Jurgen is not a happy bunny at the moment.

4 Likes

Of course he isn’t.

He’s been asked the same question over and over again and having to give the same answers over and over again.

Journalists really meet the Einstein definition of insanity.

3 Likes

Not sure what team the journalist supports but he is obviously baiting Jurgen today…