Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

I think Klopp is responsible for getting the best out of players like Stephan (youngsters) or Nunez (new). But if you have to motivate players like VVD or TAA, what’s the point of having experienced and established players.

3 Likes

It’s time to sell them both while they still retain some market value

I would honestly love to know what fsg think now or do they really care, we know how they operate so why not just sell the club if they cant invest money to keep us at least challenging for top4.

1 Like

There are many underperformers who still retain some ability, market value, and reputation (Salah, Van Dijk, TAA). Don’t think it’s be hard to get some decent value for them.

1 Like

We all believe the players in our squad actually want to be there, be selected, be the best they can be, put their longer term livelihoods on the line with every 50/50 challenge, turn up and give 100% every game at the start of the season instead of freewheeling and going through the motions and preserving their energy for the season sapping glory games at the business end. We would like to believe they want to play for Jurgen Klopp, just like we want to believe they intend to stay for the duration of their signed contracts. We want to believe their agents are not down their ear every week with enticing offers from other clubs… Most importantly, we want to believe, at this crappy moment in time, some of the players are not seeing as playing shit is the only way they can get their wish of playing somewhere else without alienating the fans or besmirching their past reputation too much by performing badly in the last 12-18months at the club… by default getting moved on because ‘his legs have gone’ or ‘he has lost a yard of pace’ etc.
Jurgen needs to take off the kid gloves and go through this squad to get to the bottom of the problems that seem to be festering if the worsening performances are any indication… He owes it to his own reputation if nothing else. We know he is not paid to put a winning team in place for the day he leaves, that will be the responsibility of someone else, he does need to continue his good work though and get the team under his tutelage to begin reflecting and playing in his image again if not asap, then certainly at a rate that is good for his health. Jurgen came within 20mins of achieving the impossible just over 6months ago… yes we are suffering for it now and if this season is a write-off it is a trade I would have willingly made going into the last couple of weeks last season.
As fans we need to be patient and tolerant in the present climate and while Jurgen remains at the tiller… we will have another crack at trophies down the line.

1 Like

And it’s the players’ job to perform according to the instructions of the manager. Who among them can claim to be doing that this season? Forget about things like pressing in sync and on time, they play like scared little girls afraid to put in a tackle.

Klopp messed up the summer preparations but that was 6 months ago and they’ve been getting worse and worse. When are they going to pull themselves together?

2 Likes

If we think longer term than the past few months though, there’s prob no better coach in the world at getting the best out of players. No idea what’s going on with them currently but momentum and confidence in elite sport are huge

3 Likes

The coaches’ main job is to get the best out of his players.

There are many successful coaches in the world. Though not all of them can get to the highest level, that is true.

Boy, this is going to be some emotional wreck when and whichever way Klopp leaves Liverpool. We are such an emotional bunch, which can be good and bad. People at the club making decisions can’t think like we do (and of course they will think long and hard before doing something).

3 seasons left on his deal, I know I wouldn’t tolerate more seasons like this one (so far).

2 Likes

This is part true, players can have a drop in confidence but what is unforgivable is not fighting or playing with desire and you can’t see that in this team.

That’s on Klopp to root out the ones not giving 100% as it’s a malaise spreading hella fast.

Dyche came into Everton, went back to basics with them and made them simply do the basics and fight… the result was beating the current league leaders. It wasn’t pretty, it wasn’t glorious football but it was 11 men giving their all for 90mins. This was a team without confidence, yet one man has given them some. Klopp has it in him to do the same, he has to.

it’s a sad state of affairs we have arrived at this junction, but we are months beyond being nice. Wholesale changes are needed.

1 Like

Not all of us. :wink:

I think I’ll take another sabbatical from TAN when Jürgen leaves.

3 Likes

Yeah I know, but at the end of the day we are all fans, that’s why I’m saying us. I’m also emotional, but can manage to think as objective as possible.

Very good video.

1 Like

Yes, very informative, but really a long-winded way of saying that we should’ve replaced Wijnaldum.

3 Likes

Hasn’t he already started? I think the transition has happened a lot more than people think, even as we’ve maintained our success on the pitch relatively speaking. Look at what we’ve done with Jones, Elliott, Konaté, Carvalho, Núñez, Gakpo, Bajcetic. 7 players since we won the league, who are all as of yet 23 or younger. Gordon and Doak have also had some opportunities, limited in the former by injury, and the latter by his relative youth. We’ve also supplemented the team with Thiago and Tsimikas in terms of older players or positions where we don’t have an obvious pipeline for younger players.

Agree that feelings aren’t static, but he is very much integral to the dive in form as well.

At Liverpool or in general? The only player I’ve seen leave Liverpool in Jürgen’s time who’s gone on to maintain or improve on his form (i.e. us having let them go as they’re waning), is Mané, and that impression is based just solely on his goals/assists stats, without knowing anything about how he’s really doing at Bayern.

Where is the evidence of this, or is this just a feeling?

Apart from agreeing with @Mascot on the general thrust of the whole "Team FSG " vs “Team Klopp” thing, I think a lot of people are also making snap decisions based on what they feel, rather than actually having thought through it. I’m not saying you’re necessarily doing so yourself (or that you aren’t), but I’m saying it seems to be quite a common theme.

I’m not sure it’s just the balance. Salah has had plenty of good shooting chances, he’s just been abysmal at that this season. Sure, the disruption to our defence and our play in general has been huge, but that also presupposes that Mané wouldn’t have deteriorated with the rest of our team, which is a huge assumption given how the whole team finished last season barely staggering over the line.

Doesn’t help whom? I don’t think it affects the players. The players have been like this for a long time, even before this season. It’s only recently that it’s become particularly exacerbated, and well after the whole ownership speculation started. I think this is very much a case of people putting 2 and ‘c’ together to get 5.

I think we need to be careful to not project our own personal feelings onto the players.

The only instability there really is, once you look at it carefully, is with all the gossip in the press. We are in a bad state, but not so dissimilar from 2020-21 in nature, although definitely in the intensity. At least in 2020-21, it was mainly our defence that was struggling, especially injury-wise. This season, it’s been all over the pitch that we’ve suffered the injuries.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure about that, to be honest. I think even Jürgen didn’t think we needed to get someone in until Henderson and Thiago picked up injuries for indeterminate amounts of time.

I’m not entirely sure that with the distortion that Chelsea brought to the market, we could have gotten a player who wouldn’t have cost us too much and distracted us from the main target, assuming we do have a long-term target a la Konaté.

Next time we read something like that from you, either directed towards a fellow poster, or towards a mod as is the case here, you’ll be off this forum before you know it.

The same applies for all other posters who think that throwing out insults is ok.

4 Likes

Klopp is our major problem, he needs to put some order and a tactic in place. That does not mean he needs to go, he does need to wake up!

But the mod who started the insults is no problem, got you …

1 Like

You had to read the first post, mate. Mascot insulted him which is a bigger shame, because he is a mod.
And now you are doing the same - not a word to the guy that insulted Dutch, but at the same time you are warning the guy that did not start the whole thing…

2 Likes