Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Is it an insult if it’s accurate?

Calm Down Kim Richards GIF

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think a bit of calm across the board would be welcome.

I know I’ve jumped on occasions and I apologise but it’s not going help. Probably a reflection of what’s happening on the pitch mind.

8 Likes

Still, it is not nice to insult someone like that!

Some need to accept others have different opinions and no need to counter every post with the same stuff every day multiple times.

4 Likes

That is Trollix after all. No need to pay much attentiont to what he writes.

1 Like

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like

I think you’ll both find that the start of it was @dutch accusing me of calling Klopp a ‘quitter’.

Time to move on I think.

Ok, that’s right, but still he did not insult you, just misquoted you. You are a mod and must be much calmer than the others who write here, not the one who starts to attack other members.
But I agree that we really need to move on.

1 Like

I would say that it is just as often, but that the end result is softer.

Anyone know if this is from today?

2 Likes

If I can see the kit well on the Kop, that could be 20/21.

I think it’s from when his mum died.

7 Likes

I’m just surprised that the club (as a whole) seem to have got it soooo wrong again. Not so long ago we struggled for lack of central defender cover in the middle of an injury crisis. The reluctance to buy a central defender was exposed.

Given our struggles then it’s a massive surprise to me to be exposed for the same thing again, especially when you’ve potentially over invested in another part of the team.

Oh to have access to the players fitness files. I wonder if there were any clues in the preseason assessments?

Then Klopp made a gamble we could get by with 3 CBs plus Fab and two catastrophic long term injuries fucked that plan. This year, other than the very beginning of the season when we panicked and did a deal for Arthur, we’ve largely had plenty of bodies to pick from. Just none that are performing at anything like the required standard.

1 Like

Tbf it seems they learned their lesson (at least for some areas)

Not only brought in Ibou but also keeping Nat at the club for so long as a 5th choice with close to zero starts.

In attack for years we had the front three with Origi (who was often injured) as cover. The Taki experiment did not work out, Sadio wanted to leave but we’ve brought in Diogo, Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo and we‘re trying to extend Bobby’s contract.

On paper that’s huge quality and quantity.

4 Likes

Partly true I’d say. A few have been missing through injury but you’re right that it hasn’t been anywhere like the CB crisis we had.

I’m just surprised at the level of the drop off and part of me refuses to believe that there weren’t signals or clues somewhere along the line.

I’m not for throwing blame anywhere, I can’t with little or no information to go on, other than what I read here but I cant ignore that there’s been some disconnect in the system somewhere and we’ve been caught with our pants down. I’m curious as to where and what it was.

I think the most likely explanation is the somewhat missed message of the Simon Hughes in the Athletic from earlier this season about the “issues” with our medical department. I think a lot what was described in the piece about between department friction and angst over territory is actually quite normal. What it did only hint at is how far could the situation be taken if the faith in Kornmayer was as total as suggested.

The org chart at a football club is often convoluted, but the way it had been described would have put Kornmayer underneath Jacobsen. Yet the way his role has been described is as if that whole pillar of Jacobsen’s scope was removed. Instead Kornmayer seems to to answer more directly to Klopp with that authority coming from Klopp himself due to his faith in his They report that on more than 1 occasion he has pushed them harder than the medical people were happy about only to be proven to be “correct” with the results achieved. You could very much see how such a situation could lead to the two of them downplaying concerns from the likes of Ward over the risk of going again with the same engine room such was their faith in getting them into and keeping them in shape and then watching in horror, with a “what have we done?” perspective after watching them fail to respond to the hard work int he summer and never being able to get the ship right since

2 Likes

It is hard to apportion blame as in hindsight it seems all round, medical, manager, owners and to some extent players.

I agree that there should have been tell tale signs and we did see a few players drop off towards the end of last season but that could have been attributed to the amount of games we had.

I could understand us not buying a midfielder in summer with the numbers we had but the growing injury list should have seen someone bought instead of the Arthur loan.

1 Like

I really don’t want to blame anyone, unlike a lot of people on social media for example. I’d just like to understand the information the club had at various times and the decisions that were made off the back of that.

Far easier to understand everything then and it might even make sense. Looking back now without knowing much at all it just looks like poor decision making. It might have been but at least you can see and understand the process.

2 Likes