Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Who’s the other one?

I hate that also.

Like there was no football in England before 1992.

1 Like

Virgil van Dijk on Jurgen Klopp: “Jürgen Klopp is the boss and that doesn’t change [next season]. I‘m very happy with him. He‘s very happy at Liverpool. Hopefully better times are coming again. That’s we are working for.” #lfc [@Plettigoal]

Or the season after that, and the season after that…then hopefully sometime in between that he signs another extension. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

And yet again. Thank you, Jurgen Klopp.

The one man who deserves to be happy the way he was today.

12 Likes

My little Klopp figurine got his glasses broke 10 mins before the game.

Removed them completely from him and then they do that, maybe that was the issue.

6 Likes

More history by Jurgen. :clap::clap:

8 Likes

Wouldn’t have wanted anyone else on the touchline as our manager to witness it.

7 Likes

Some interesting analysis of how our tactics have evolved recently:

4 Likes

Thanks for that. I’m so used to Liverpool articles being extremely short sighted, building the narrative around a single good match (or a single bad one), so it’s refreshing to read an article talk about how this has been a long term setup that has flown under the radar a bit. Cheers.

6 Likes

Not sure if it’s already been posted, i just found it in the German media

3 Likes

Cant say I’m not concerned Klopp is learning from his loyalty issues, he’s quoted saying he was very surprised Bobby is leaving and wanted him to stay. The same Bobby who has lost so much energy and is injured a lot.

We really need a strong director of football to come in and help with the revamp of the squad as Klopp doesn’t appear to be able to see past sentimentality at all, every player leaving who should be has been against his wishes.

You can see it throughout the squad, so many of the old core needs moving on and it’s so far overdue it’s now probably too much for summer.

1 Like

Yes, we all love him, of course, but how could he not watch last night and see that we are light years from where we should be?
Ultimately, that’s down to him and his decisions. We don’t have the money of PSG or Man City, but we’re not a poor club. We had built a strong reputation as an attractive destination, but a reluctance to let underperforming players go and to refresh the squad has put us in this position. I hope Jürgen learns, and has the energy and desire for the rebuilding job that is necessary to keep us competitive at the top.
He got us there once, can he do it again?

1 Like

It’s good in a way that his hand has been forced, Bobby, Ox, Keita and should be Milner all going in the summer means he has to replace those 4 and if we recruit with a profile of 22-24 and quality we arent that far away. Especially midfield you bring in players who take the starting spots from Fabinho, Hendo and Thiago and let them be the backups and if they don’t like that they can leave, we only need a couple of older heads.

The tougher decisions are about the defence, will Van Dijk, Robbo and Trent rediscover their form and desire with a better midfield ahead of them and a good rest come summer? Personally id sell one of those three to lay down a marker that the drop this season isn’t acceptable, but that’s not that easy in reality.

Not quite sure what Robbo has done to be lumped in with Van Dijk and Trent. He looks to be one of the few players who actually gives a shit.

3 Likes

It was pretty bleak to go at Real Madrid, having to score at least three goals without a reply, with a two-man midfield consisting of Fabinho and Milner, with Oxlade-Chamberlain coming on at one point and our most expensive midfielder in history remaining on the bench. We really shot ourselves in the foot in that department and it will likely cost us a Champions League place, especially taking our next three fixtures into consideration.

I hope that old-new hierarchy is slowly but surely taking shape - there’s been a lot of talk about Gordon returning from his duty to find new investment and William Spearman taking over from Ian Graham. Medical staff and director of football will need to be picked carefully.

And just in case Klopp reads this thread: I love you, Jurgen Klopp!

2 Likes

Lots of money needed to replace what is leaving, so its understandable with the way fsg run the club that we have lots of older players. The club looking for investment so fingers crossed it happens soon.

1 Like

Don’t wish to hijack your conversation, but I also feel Robbo has been one of those , whose form has been abysmal during this whole season. Unable to beat the first man, every cross going to the opposition player majority of the times, and deliveries on corners has been nothing short of crap. Has he hit a shot on target this season ? I would doubt that.
I would even argue that Kostas is probably better technically, especially crossing and even performed better when brought in some games. But it goes back Jurgen’s favoritism again, that Kostas was dropped always in the next game irrespective of his performance.

2 Likes

By far his worst season, started very poorly…picked it up before the WC and fallen again below his usual standards. 29 years old now, not as young and handsome as he used to be…& another one you have to question how much he has left.

1 Like

I think that our medical & physio departments plus our training regime needs carefully looking at as there is definitely something awry with the amount of injuries we are getting!

2 Likes

I am a little lost with Jurgens reason for subbing Nunez, at 1st he said that he wasn’t at the top of his game, compared to who?

Then he said that we needed to defend his side as another reason, then put him centrally and bring someone on the left.

Last thing, worrying about defending his side, we were behind 5 - 2 we needed goals, playing defensively was never going to help us.