Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Keys lamented Klopp’s lack of control. Staying in control is really important for Keys. Like, for example, you shouldn’t shag your daughters mate while your wife is undergoing cancer treatment, and then blame it on your daughter’s alcohol problems causing you stress.

While we’re on the subject of barely self-aware, hypocritical pricks, I saw Chris Sutton having a pop at Jurgen for not respecting the officials this morning. Chris Sutton who once stormed onto the pitch in his son’s juniors game and abused the 16 year referee so much the game had to be stopped.

A normal person would look at incidents like this and think ‘Ah, maybe I should keep my head down on this one…’

13 Likes

It’s the Boris Johnson school of punditry.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Premier League players get away with much worse behaviour. It’s not difficult to lip read the abuse screamed at referees and officials in every game I watch. Sometimes a yellow card is given but on many occasions the player goes unpunished.
Do the pundits and commentators demand players are banned? Like hell they do, they don’t even mention it. But now we’ve got a media witch-hunt and they’re after Klopp big time.

2 Likes

It’s bias against LFC short and simple. Nothing to do with ineptitude.
I was hoping to find a thread about that somewhere on the site. Oh well good job I’ve got my tin/foil hat on.

1 Like

Gray and Keys should never have been allowed back on any TV.

5 Likes

I’ve seen (using Henderson as an example) vehemently tell the ref to fuck off on many occasions during matches.
Instant red card in my amateur football days.

Pro footballers get away with murder on the pitch.

3 Likes

Showing frustration and telling the ref to fuck off from a distance is normal, like you say it happens virtually every single game at every level played, if we start going down the route where that merits a sending off then we might as well call it a day. There are some things that will never stop especially in sport, those include horror tackles, hiding emotions and frustrations. What footballers shout to officials on the pitch is no real different to what some of the match going fans shout at the players when things don’t go accordingly…this is what the game lives off.

Saying “fuck off” does not necessarily mean you are telling someone to fuck off.

Klopp: “Paul Tierney came over to me, I didn’t expect for a second a red card, and he said: ‘For me it’s a red card but because of him (the 4th official) it’s a yellow’.”

“I probably have to expect a punishment. The red card I got against City was in the same spot, foul against the same player, Mo Salah.”

You’re missing my point, I’m not suggesting we do go down that road at all. I’m highlighting the fact that self righteous pundits are crucifying Klopp for behaviour which is no worse than what we witness from players every game.

2 Likes

Wasn’t replying to you Woolton.

Why is tierney even saying that when all it does is aggrevate the situation.Give Klopp the yellow,tell him what it’s for and walk away.

2 Likes

No, exactly right. It’s usually a player venting and feeling aggrieved after a decision was given against them.

The lino isn’t saying anything to Hendo when he awards a clear throw in to the opposition, Hendo or someone else who is easily wound up would then yell “fuck off” before picking the ball up and throwing it down in anger. It’s a very normal situation you find yourself in as both a player and a fan watching a player.

It’s not meant as a FUCK OFF though,more as a go away will ye,that’s not a foul/corner etc.

Ok, what does “You’re a Fucking Cheat” or “Fucking Shithouse” mean? Just two examples, there are many more.

Alternative ways to pronounce Kavanagh, Coote, Taylor who will be the MO against Brentford btw and Thierny :sunglasses:

I don’t recall Henderson saying that,was he talking to Kane after diving.

Apologises,mis-read your post.

Yeah players reactions towards the officials will always be because of feeling hard done by & I think officials know it’s nothing personal, we strive as a community for consistency and year after year we never see it…, it might be something small that actually stems from a concurrent of previouses earlier on in the game. Issuing a yellow for dissent I don’t think you’ll find anybody in football that’ll argue with that & for me arguing with a lino or ref (regardless of foul language being used or not) falls into that category. Bit of a catch 22.

1 Like