Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

It’s a bit tongue in cheek and a bit serious. I think the players we missed would have fared better had they come to Liverpool. Be careful with your career is the message I would receive, if I were a player looking to make a big move, and LFC were interested.

3 Likes

The situation at Man U should be a warning of the dire consequences of messing up the succession after a successful manager’s reign.

We are incredibly lucky to have Jürgen now, and we’ll have to plan meticulously for the next manager. Whoever it is will have to be exceptional to fill the role.

1 Like

But if you look at the players we apparently “missed out on” or chose another club, would they be just as shite at LFC? Not a chance in hell given Klopps history of getting the best out of players.

Mount, Amrobat, Lavia and Caicedo haven’t set the world on fire yet. I bet they would be significantly better at LFC under Klopp. But bad luck lads.

3 Likes

I’d question we missed out on Mount or Amarabat

1 Like

Pretty sure we would’ve got Amrabat if we really wanted him.

I’m glad we obviously didn’t, same as Mount.

2 Likes

I’m convinced Klopp would have made Mount a decent option. But I guess we will never know. And I still reckon he will come good.

Meanwhile go begging to the Saudi’s to offload the overpaid rubbish. But thats enough about that mob now.

Cheers for that. Jurgen is ace, so full of charisma. We can all wax lyrical about him. Beyond that, Ben Foster comes out of that with a lot of credit.

I haven’t followed his career since he hung up his boots, but he spoke well and did a good interview, all without having any notes. It made it seem natural, like two blokes talking footy, but it is harder to do than it looks.

I hope Foster gains a good platform and does well for himself. Seems like a good bloke too.

I saw him on something else recently where he came across really well, but cannot remember what story he was telling
@cynicaloldgit

The Muppets Laughing GIF

Yeah, Foster was a decent goalkeeper, sometimes even a bit underrated. Decent fella also, not surprised he’s doing well post playing in these things.

Foster always talks highly of us so I’m not surprised. Seems a bit of a fan.

Ben Foster signed for Wrexham last year as part of their promotion to National League football. He played there early in his career.

1 Like

Hope you listening @Commando :0)

1 Like

https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1737604589480804588?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

Disgraceful that he has to resort to this. He has enough to worry about as it is, he shouldn’t need to plead with the supporters to actually support their own team.

6 Likes

There’s a bigger issue at play here: football has been marketed as entertainment since Sky took over, and fans pay to be entertained.

2 Likes

exactly. but id go even further, the crowd isnt there to be entertained, they are part of the entertainment package sold for billions of dollars

its unfortunate, but its just the way it is, and its not the everyday punter who has to feel guilty about it or solve the problem.

the top english league isnt played for the english audience (exclusively) and the match day attendees arent actually there to be entertained, but to entertain…thats the package they sell to us overseas…quality football, passionate fans, etc etc, thats what i fell in love with, not the quality of our passing moves etc etc as when we all fall in love we are really too young to understand, but we fall in love with the passion and the history…

2 Likes

That was one of the most entertaining matches for a Liverpool supporter, we were on a different level to WHU, we had numerous shots, great interplay and fantastic effort from the boys.

What more do they want?

2 Likes

For this to work, ticket prices would have to be much reduced. Key feature of the Bundesliga and the likes of the ‘yellow wall’ is low ticket prices.

2 Likes