Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Tone deaf comments from Jurgen. Poor.

And to expand on this a little bit.

The club hands out warnings to fans for standing up. Does Jurgen want a racuous atmosphere from fans who are made to sit down?

The club has also confiscated banners for Tsimikas and Endo in recent times because of the political climate. How about we don’t punish those who are trying to add to the atmosphere/spectacle of Anfield?

The club has no system in place for getting groups of friends to sit together. Everyone is dotted around all over the place.

This is before we get into the matchday prices or the shite kick off times.

He was unhappy with the fans low down in the main stand? I mean, for fucks sake, when have they ever been the lifeblood of Anfield?

Klopp’s gone for the low hanging fruit.

2 Likes

What was Tsimi’s banner?

Klopp knew this would be posted everywhere, but it’s a smart move with Arsenal coming to town. I’d wager the place will be hopping in one of the most important games of the campaign.

People are totally dumb if they don’t realise this is just his way of hyping up the crowd before one of the biggest games we’ll have this season at Anfield.

7 Likes

This is the sort of nonsense that will probably get traction on here but it’s a pathetic excuse. He didn’t need to do that.

Now that sounds like you’re taking his comment personally. It’s not the first time he’s done something like this. And he has every right to complain about the complainers behind him tbf. He is doing it for a reason, he did that even though he knew full well that this would obviously offend some people.

Mind games.

8 Likes

I’m not taking it personally.

I don’t go the match anymore. I’ve given up my ticket, as Jurgen suggested. As have many of my mates and colleagues.

The atmosphere continues to get worse.

I’m not offended, he’s just talking shite.

For someone that was there last night and my general experience at Anfield (been about 20 times in my life) the level of atmosphere tends to correlate with the magnitude of the game and what’s riding at stake (place in the SF or if you’re going toe to toe with a rival you’re neck and neck in the table with).

Anfield is and will always be a reactive atmosphere in terms of the response on any matchday, responsive to goals with a cheers and applause, responsive to obvious poor calls by the ref with abuse and hand gestures, responsive to chants from the away end with “fuck the tories”…responsive to individual piece of quality from a player leading to their song being chanted, so if none of these things are happening like much at Utd where the game was played out like an open training session for the majority, then the chances are you’re in for a quiet night.

Of course by nature a pair of hyped up kids/young adults who’ve had a few pints will turn up to games with way more energy and air in their lungs to keep the atmosphere up for the duration than a 60 year old couple who & I know it might sound harsh, can’t support their team in the same way as maybe they once did…unfortunately that’s life, but in a ground that’ll now have 55000-58000 home fans, there really should be enough there to generate the atmosphere we’re used to seeing at a lot of European clubs.

The idea that only young, fit and healthy people should be going the game is a problematic one, yet this keeps getting said or implied on here. And that’s supposed to be the progressive take, is it?

We don’t need that. Anfield should be open to everyone. If you want a good atmosphere, get the regulars sitting together and create the conditions for a good atmosphere to be possible. You don’t need to throw all the old or disabled fans out for that to happen, nor the daytrippers making their once in a lifetime trip.

The atmosphere will be much better on saturday anyway, it didn’t need Klopp to put the boot in. It’s a league game, it’s Arsenal, it’s saturday night and most of the people there won’t be in work the next day. Those who think his comments will make the slightest difference do not have the slightest clue what they’re talking about.

1 Like

There is no way to make sure fans participate in the game but as you say,getting regulars together,making it more affordable for some sections where athmosphere can be created and heard more easily by the players(pushing them on) could be where it starts.
People of all ages can be loud and enthusiastic but i do think that the athmosphere would improve if it were possible to ensure that tickets closest to the pitch in both the main stand and the Dalglish stand were made available at a reasonable price for local young(ish) fans.I’m neither young or local and i do scream,shout and sing as loud as i can whenever i go to games, be it high up in the main stand,down low in the KOP or ducking down to see from the back seats in the old lower anfield road end,but not everybody does.More needs to be done to ensure fans play their part in the game and maybe the club need to do something to encourage this rather than just waiting for it to happen,cos it’s not.

1 Like

How it was…get there early, all meet up at the same crush barrier slightly to the right of the goal. Backs to the barrier, sway and sing ourselves hoarse. My older brother is on this video…happy days

5 Likes

Course its not mate. I do think there are some older fans who don’t seem to enjoy watching us though. They’re the strange ones for me. Like you say it’s expensive and once you’ve bought your ticket you can do what you like yet they continue to pay for something that seemingly brings them no pleasure.

The issue isn’t whether they are going to make a difference or not but that he felt compelled to make them in the first place. All the problems you list are valid and they are indeed counter productive to generating a great atmosphere; Klopp may have made enquiries behind the scenes, may be unaware of them, or he may not care. It doesn’t matter because despite all the aforementioned impediments, the current match goers have proven multiple times that they can produce a fantastic atmosphere if they feel like it. That’s what Klopp has a problem with.

You can’t tell me that it’s the club’s fault for the flattest atmosphere against Utd perhaps ever when there was a record crowd and the team had just moved to the top of the standings. Nor is the club’s fault that it’s “unfashionable” to wear kits and bring scarves to matches. If a Liverpool supporter decides to go to a match to Anfield, he should be prepared to yell and scream and sing; it comes with the territory.

6 Likes

Klopp shouldn’t have moaned about the crowd, to the media, even if he’s right. All he’s done is give opposition fans and the media bullets to fire. Everton fans will be loving this.

I stoped caring what other fans think of us a long time ago.

3 Likes

But it could ignite a reaction.

I very much hope it does.

1 Like

Klopp has every right to talk about it but unfortunately he used the wrong words.

It’s a cultural thing. Many season ticket holders in England are their 50s/60s/70s.

And it was still possible to to have the worlds best athmosphere until the pandemic.

Some of the most important moments in the Klopp era would not be possible without the athmosphere.

1 Like

He felt compelled to make them?

Because a few old fellas moaned behind him? Wow, big deal. He has to apologise for his behaviour every other month because he can’t control his emotions during the game.

Most people who went last night said the atmosphere was pretty good all things considered. There was no need to make anything out of it.

And as for the club’s influence:

https://x.com/MasonSpence97/status/1737774939187384325?s=20

Which one is it? You can’t have a great atmosphere with people sat down. It doesn’t happen.

I am fortunate to get to Anfield once a year with my daughter. It takes me about 3 days to speak again after match day. I fully agree with Jurgen’s comments. :+1:

4 Likes