Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

those wondering why now… Obviously, FSG already knew (since November) but the fear was that the media would get wind of it or was getting wind of it… so better to preempt and control the narrative…

**In an ideal world I wouldn’t have said anything to anybody until the end of the season, win everything and then say goodbye. That’s not possible. In the world we are living in, it’s not possible to keep things like this secret; it’s maybe a surprise that we could keep it [a secret] until now".Klopp

6 Likes

I do feel like someone has died.

5 Likes

Once all the backroom staff made their decison, then you cannot hide it. They’ll be rightly looking for their next opportunity. So any media talk about wrong timing is just them at their shit stiring best.

1 Like

Yeah imagine the exclusives from the press.

That would have been horrible for us, we know now

1 Like

I think I’ve gone from shocked to genuinely gutted.

I’m just trying to remember when he had the strop about the fans singing I Feel Fine. He must have been torn between not wanting to carry on and not letting us down.

I’m assuming that we will hear more about the future soon as the timing can’t be a coincidence.

This is still a shock, though. Just like when Dalglish and Shankly called it quits. I just hope that this time we have planned for it.

7 Likes

I do think this will help galvanise us.

Seriously always felt Klopp would match his Dortmund titles so let’s do this.

Anyhow as someone pointed out he should have stopped doing those peloton adverts if he was exhausted :wink:

2 Likes

Didn’t Klopp say he would manage a Swiss team after Liverpool ?

1 Like

True, I would assume his staff probably had an inkling as well since FSG knew in November that he was leaving.

Klopp is always up front and candid. He’s genuinely taking a break, and like he said in the offical interview, what happens in a year’s time no one including himself knows.

If he feels refreshed in 2025 or beyond, and feels like a challenge, i’m sure he’ll return to management if the right situation turns up.

1 Like

And I do think his new contract included a clause if he wanted to leave.

Always happens very very unusual backroom staffs stop. If it is Alonso his staff will f9llow him.

1 Like

Fuck it, I’m going for a few pints. I just hope there’s no bluenoses in the pub, the mood I’m in.

4 Likes

This is a shock. He deserves a rest if he feels so. But it will be a sad last day in Anfield come May.

1 Like

4 Likes

"Let’s now really go for it. The outside world want to use this decision, laugh about it, want to disturb us. We are Liverpool, we went through harder things together. And you went through harder things before me. Let’s make a strength of it. That would be really cool. Let’s squeeze everything out of this season and have another thing to smile about when we look back in the future. Thank you."Klopp

Yep!! LETS FUCKING GO!!

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1750874910031843739

3 Likes

Was always going to happen one day.

2 Likes

I will go back and read all the comments in light of the news about Jurgen. I just heard, but here are my first thoughts:

Gutted, as he is the best manager of his generation.
Nothing but admiration and deep gratitude for that man.
Top coach, top man manager, top human being. The full package, what a privilege to have him.
I hope he signs off with silverware, the more the better, and the bigger the better.
Jurgen will leave a great squad behind, with the bulk of it having many prime years to come.

Maybe this isn’t the time, but there are two other thoughts:

He should have won a lot more, but has been cheated out of it by the systematic cheating that has been allowed to go unchecked, thus far. It is shameful.

I hope Xabi Alonso gets the job next. In a way it’s too soon, but the whole world of football is watching what he is doing and taking note. He is a leader of men, and a top coach in the making. Leverkusen are rising high and playing their own brand of exciting football. Ideally he wins the Bundesliga and comes here for a long and successful reign after Klopp.

4 Likes

Sorry…I meant temp, till the right man…as they’re quoting Alonso…is available…but I’d have no qualms with Millie…we need that kind of presence…but Millie is still playing, I thought he said he was doing his papers…but he’s probably happy still playing…

I don’t mind Milner coming back as an assistant working under Xabi.

8 Likes