Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Jurgen is here until the end of season and the PL title parade. Alonso is available in the summer; there is absolutely zero need for a temporary manager!

2 Likes

Only hope then that Alonso is ready n waiting

1 Like

If it’s true he has a clause which takes effect from this summer then Alonso has that in for a reason.He’ll jump at the chance to manage Liverpool if offered it this year.

FC Basel. Stuff of dreams, that. They could use him, as they have been shite this season, and fighting against relegation.

But he said that jokingly, in case he’d not succeed here and sacked by fsg.

2 Likes

He was supposed to leave this summer anyway on his original contract so guess he really felt more drained than expected.

1 Like

Fuck

That’s all I have to say right now

2 Likes

This is shock to the system, like being kicked in the gut. Jurgen was not just a manager but a father-like figure for both players and supporters. He put us on the map and made us a top team for many years to come and all of this on a strict budget.

I can’t imagine and don’t want to think of us going through another 10 years of transitions like the Roy and Brendon era’s. Everything about our current team is Jurgen Klopp and I cannot imagine anyone else filling his shoes going forward.

6 Likes

More eloquent than I expected :rofl:

When Kenny quit in Feb 1991, we were top of the table. We all know what happened after that. This time, Klopp is here till the end of the season, so a lot of planning is possible. The team has already been rejuvenated, so any manager coming in should be very positive in making an impact.

Just don’t do a selling Peter Beardsley special again.

3 Likes

Hopefully it’s Xabi and he brings Wirtz and Hincapie with him!

1 Like

As long as he doesn’t bring his agent

1 Like

I’m not going mourn until the end of the season. He’s going be there on the touchline for the rest of the season.

I think this will galvanise us I truly do. Those players are going run through brick walls to deliver as many trophies as possible.

7 Likes

Yeah, I feel the same. And even if injuries start to take it’s toll on the results, we can all see the potential is there.

2 Likes

Tapsoba and Frimpong more like

1 Like

FSG and LFC was lucky to have Jurgen Klopp. FSG managed to save a lot more money than they should when Klopp unearthed stars like TAA, Mo Salah, Sadio Mane, polished rough gems like Robertson, Firmino and Fabinho. And now, we have 2 more stars in the making, Quansah and Bradley, saving the club from spending on a RB and a CB.

LFC through Klopp has seen a huge revitalisation in their fortunes, winning all the possible trophies there is to be won in his reign.

Danke, Klopp! Let’s turn up the heavy metal football and scream into a fitting finish of a quadruple come May 2024!

4 Likes

What can you say about a man who dragged this club from the mire it had become under Rodgers to the pinnacle of English and European football?

Right now all I’ve got is, thank you for every single second Jürgen.

Utterly and completely gutted but if it’s the right time for him, it’s the right time for us.

14 Likes

I’m guessing that when the 2026 World Cup arrives, Klopp will be managing Germany. I always thought that was his next stop, I just hoped it wasn’t going to happen so soon.

4 Likes

Didn’t Nagelsmann only get that job 6 months ago

Presumably because the moves necessarily to deal with the decision would be impossible to keep under wraps and so its better to be up front about it than deal with the blow back from the story inevitably leaking. So why now? It seems likely its because we have finished the first round of internal discussions and now put feelers out meaning the information is out into the world and no longer fully in Liverpool’s capacity to keep the news under wraps.

Firstly, I reject the label of senior supporter :joy:

But this comes as a bigger shock and bigger hit. I might have been in the minority, but despite our league position I was not entirely happy with the way things were going that final season. There were clear signs things were going stale…too many underwhelming performances from stallwarts who were not being sufficiently challenged by new players and a few of the players we did sign were odd signings. The announcement was a shock because it was so sudden, but it started making sense pretty quickly afterwards. This one comes as way bigger a shock. With the contract extension and how youthful a team Klopp has put together if you had asked me to take the over/under on when he’d leave relative to that contract I would have gone over without a second’s thought assuning he wanted time with his liverpool 2.0. It just looked like he was enjoying it again and had been reinvigorated by the new singings.

Football HAS to be about more than just winning otherwise only a tiny fraction of fans could ever get something out of it. Klopp is the perfect reminder of that and I can hand on my heart say that over the period since 2016 when Pep arrived at City, even when acknowledging their trophy haul is bigger than ours, I would much rather have been a liverpool fan than city fan through that time. The trophies have been great, and we must remember how good this team has been, but that enjoyment of the process will be klopp’s greatest legacy

16 Likes

Don’t see that happening at all…
Don’t think Klopp made for that, or interested in that. He doesn’t want to be involved, at least for a year. Energy is not there to do it at 100%, and he doesn’t want to do it at any less than top.
Whether he returns to coaching after he lives a normal life for a while, remains to be seen, but I doubt he would give up his coaching role to become a sporting director…