Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Xabi, God not Xavi…got scared for a moment with the thought…
Yep, agreed!

2 Likes

The timing is not too great because it potentially deters any new signings wanting to work with Klopp…
On the other hand, it again says so much about his character that he is always open/honest and lays all the cards on the table. I feel truly lucky to have enjoyed his (almost) 9 years with us where he’s given so much and hopefully more to come this season.

1 Like

The timing is perfect because it can give a big push in the race for all the trophies this season.

4 Likes

Spoilers! The sequel is ruined for me now !

Nope. Pretty much the same news as in the UK Press and some speculation about what’s up for Klopp next - but nothing about Xabi so far.

I’ve always loved this video but it hits harder today

The look of awe on Webster’s face when he sees klopp walk in. But the sentiment before the song…“Jurgen, thanks very much. We owe you a lot.” There are lots of ways you hear a fan base talk about a successful manager they have had, but you dont think of them owing a debt of gratitude. In this case that is exactly what it is though.

4 Likes

The team talk should now be…every game…a win…a win…a win…

2 Likes

For years the thought of the inevitable sickened me… yet here we are and I’m in complete shock it finally happened…

The worth of his reign will be remembered for much more than the weight of the trophies he won…
I was always envious of those that got to experience Shankly, Paisley, or Dalglish. I got a taste of it with Rafa but that reign was tarnished by H+G. But now I can imagine the despair people must have felt when the likes of Shankly left. I’ll always consider myself lucky to have been able to live through and witness what Klopp did for this club. I hope there is one final glorious chapter to his legacy here before goodbye, lord knows he deserves it!

Whoever comes next will be coming in under the almost overwhelming pressure of being Klopp’s successer.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1750902004480708800

11 Likes

"It was not tiring, it is intense. I had no clue what to expect. I knew about the size of the club. This is the best club in the world, it’s outstanding. Being an honorary Scouser is one of the best things I could ever have achieved in my life."

9 Likes

Nice post.

Klopp also likes his team to play in the right spirit. Of course, there will be times when we dive, take a yellow, etc. But overall, the cold hard facts point to a fair team ethic. Could we have gamed the system a touch more at times? Of course.

But overall, the team Klopp puts out most of the time sticks to purer principles. Play the right way. Play all the way to the end. No coincidence that we score a lot of late goals.

2015: “The message to those Liverpool supporters…we have to change from doubters to believers. Now!”

1 Like

Damn, he’s really leaving.

I thought missing out on the title by a stoppage goal from Thomas, or having to watch Lambert and Borini up top for a whole season, or Gerrard in his final game for the club losing 6-1 to Stoke was rock bottom…this is what rock bottom really feels like.

1 Like

That was really out of nowhere. We’d just won the FA Cup and the team looked in great shape.

There is a lot of similarity in what Shankly did and meant to the club and what Klopp has done. Fixing the things behind the scenes (training facilities and staff) the bond with the fans and the city, etc.

I had a look and it was back in August that Klopp had a go at the fans for singing I Feel Fine. He must have realised at that point that he couldn’t keep on being the eye of the storm.

“The pressures have built up so much during my 40 years in the game that I felt it was time to have a rest”

That was Shankly in 1974. It just sounds like history repeating.

7 Likes

Well we won’t be finding another Paisley from w/in the club but Xabi could be close…

3 Likes

Disappointing that he’s not honouring the contract he signed

I don’t remember Shankly, but from what my Dad and uncle who used to talk about him, Jürgen is the closest thing in terms of club ethos, footballing philosophy, deep connection with the fans, city and a charismatic personality. This is also verified from the likes of Phil Thompson who played under Shankly.

4 Likes

Yes sorry….huge typo on my part! :joy:

steve sleeping GIF

1 Like

I’m disappointed with the club and it might fall on their heads, because we’re all in it.

For months now, I’m curious what the f*ck are we doing with Edwards’ replacement?

Also, what a shit press conference. Billy Hogan of all people.

Not one question about the sporting structure that would actually help Klopp put all his energy into coaching, while also taking part in other stuff.

Looking at the situation at the club right now, one would say we actually need an old school manager, who does or at least tries to do everything.

2 Likes

He could sit back, collect a few million pounds more and do a mediocre job for the next 2 years. Instead, he does the truly honourable thing and walks away because he knows that it wouldn’t be right for the club.

That’s the person that Klopp is.

5 Likes