Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

I think your reading stuff that isn’t particularly there.

3 Likes

Klopp and mediocre in the same sentence doesn’t exist. What would be best for the club is him staying out his contract and I’m sure the club would’ve tried everything in their power to make that happen. It’s not that he can’t fulfil the last 2 years (provided there isn’t anything going on in his personal life he hasn’t disclosed), he wouldn’t have signed a new deal if he didn’t think he was up to the task, he no longer wants to.

With that said we should all be thankful to Klopp and be respectful of his decision as your well being comes first.

3 Likes

Klopp: “In my mind the best memories are still to come.”

Sad Doctor Who GIF

5 Likes

I have been offline all day.

Left the house at 4am to drive down to France, literally just turned my roaming on.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

8 Likes

Did you hear Klopp’s response to being asked if he would have input on the decision? He asked why would he? That in his time they have done so much behind the scenes to build strong foundations that they have everything in place to find his replacement without input from him.

Klopp is not a guy who is ever ONLY going to do coaching. I mean arguably that isn’t even what is strength is seeing as in his 30 years in management he has a right hand man the entire time (first buvac now pep) who was largely responsible for that. Klopp is an organization leader. And while he is very good at delegating and allowing people in his team to do the things they are good at, there is no way for a Klopp to do what he is good at by making his scope smaller.

2 Likes

I thought it was a prank from my friend when he sent me the news that the boss is leaving :sob:. Absolutely heartbroken from the news, total shocker :pensive:. We always dread this day would come, but I like so many supporters didn’t think this day would come so sudden and fast.
Klopp absolutely have gave his all to the club and the fans. He has every right to do what’s best for himself and his family. It’s so admirable for him to admit he doesn’t have the energy to do the job anymore and leave as supposed of staying and half assing the job.
Jurgen has made us from doubters to believers, from pretenders to contenders. There might be future Liverpool managers that can match his records, but no way can they match his passion and connection that he makes with the city and the supporters.
For me personally, I am gonna miss his energy and passion that he brings to the clubs, than what results the club achieves on the pitch. His personality just brings so much positives for the players and to the supporters. His way of motivating the squad and how he can make a dark and gloomy day look so much brighter is a character trait that not everyone has.
Whoever comes in after Klopp, there will be a period where it may seems we’ll be drifting in the ocean. It’ll take time and patience to rebuild everything. So buckle up everyone :disappointed:.
There are so many memories that Klopp brought to this club during his 9yrs here. The Prem won’t be the same next season without him, and this news won’t be a loss just to us but as a bigger loss for the league as well.
The club needs to build him a statue outside anfield :100:.
There’s still many games left for us to play this season, and now we need to go out and show our appreciation to the boss. I’m :100: sure the players will make sure their gaffer will leave with trophies and smiles at the end of the season.

Thank you Gaffer “Jurgen Klopp”

YNWA

7 Likes

I think @Zoran was rather referring to the fact that there’s not a permanent, prominent figure on the sporting side who would in theory take things off of Klopp’s plate and have him feeling less like he doesn’t have enough energy for the role.

Of course he’s not only coaching the team, but it’s a very valid question what on Earth is happening with the sporting director role and people who would release that extra pressure off Jurgen.

1 Like

Klopp felt exhausted I think that’s it. He went from Dortmund but hopefully this time he leaves us craving more.

There was very little gap in Ward leaving and Jorg popping up.

I can see why he stepped down I think we’ve all got to that stage at some point.

I dont think that is a good reading of then dynamic to think that because Jorg isnt “permanent” (as much as anyone in football is ever permanent) means there is any additional workload on Klopp that could be reduced by making a different hire in the SD role.

I think it is totally reasonable to ask how this process works with us simultaneously having to find replacements for the management team and the SD. But I don’t think it is checks to think the situation added to Klopp’s plate in a way he acknowledge.

Well, let’s hope then that Kloppo won’t regret his decision like Shankly did.

3 Likes

be safe out there!!

The good thing about being in France is that you can have some good food and wine to soften the blow.

3 Likes

i prefer the chippy myself!!

I’d like to think that this man is Gordon. In my opinion, it was massive for the club that he came back to pull the strings from the background a while ago.

1 Like

You touched on the ‘personal life’ I wonder…if there is something…but we will probably never know…or we’ll find out at the end of the season…but today is shell shocking, sad, and at home…it’s tearful…

1 Like

Its Fuckity Fuck day, with capital effs…

2 Likes

Just not that cabernet franc though. Am I right?

paul giamatti wine GIF by Sideways - The Play

1 Like

I’m fully expecting him to turn up at Kirkby in the summer to find out that they’ve changed the locks.

3 Likes

I can’t eat on a cocaine binge, personally.