Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Don’t do cocaine, then.

French food is far better. And infinitely more satisfying.

4 Likes

Leaving Maine for sunny Florida, currently 30,000 feet over CT somewhere. Just got the kick in the teeth at the airport this morning (my Dad texted ‘I guess you heard about Klopp’; I had not) and can only hope the rest of the weekend is better. I know 2020 isn’t how anyone would have wanted, but the man brought the League title back to Anfield when it seemed no one else could. Would have a couple more if not for the cheats down the road. Also lifted the club out of the post-slip hangover/Rodgers stagnation, made us believe again, and completed the set, including #6 and our first Club World Cup title. Thanks doesn’t do it justice.

FSG, we’re gonna see how good you really are.

6 Likes

I am so flipping depressed!! I don’t know how to deal with the news!!

7 Likes

Better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all. Or some shit like that.

12 Likes

Drove past the protest…didn’t realise hundreds of kms of the motorways were shut.

We learnt that the hard way…

1 Like

Tennyson, from In Memoriam.

I bet that Tennyson bloke wasnt writing something as heart breaking as this though.

3 Likes

Yes, but I always figured that was a temporary arrangement until he can land a top job as a manager. I don’t think his style was suited to managing a national team long term.

I think the phrase you are looking for here is grasping at straws.

His results have also been terrible in a way that has made his tenure be questioned already, and even before Klopp became theoretically available. Klopp may not have any interest, or at least not yet, but there is no doubt his shadow now hangs heavy over Nagelsmann

1 Like

Well I’m currently watching an old Doctor Who story: Destiny Of The Daleks.

In this episode of the long running family favourite, Tom Baker (the popular Liverpool actor and full-time Timelord) intervenes in a war between the Daleks and members of Boney M. The Daleks are voiced by Zippy from Rainbow.

I’m possibly not selling this as best as I could…

1 Like

My way…dog for a walk…no-one could see me teary eyed…and the demolishing of a giant bar of chocolate…still feel a bit sick in the stomach…just thinking…thank you for the football, the ups, the downs, the best football team in the world, the amazing games…thank you Jurgen…

5 Likes

I can see a bad start to 2024-26 period might clamour for Klopp involvement.

It will hurt to see it but I hope he sticks to his word to never manage another English club bar us.

Sadly felt he might be his last but he still has a few years to do more. Though maybe the national job is the one he wants before he quits at 60 has he has suggested.

3 Likes

I would put a strong guess he will take charge of The German national team before the World Cup?

1 Like

I’m hearing that Paul Tierney just opened his third bottle Champagne

1 Like

I don’t think Dr Who’s Daleks are going to lift my mood.

Right now, having a cuppa and cake and listening to the radio, getting even more depressed.

Coming on TAN letting all my emotions out! My family don’t understand my current grief, apart from my late mum.

3 Likes

A hot as fuck gf.

1 Like

I can’t even write my tribute to Jürgen right now, I am too upset!!

6 Likes

I know some folk on TAN love to hate Carra, but he makes a good point here

21 Likes

He’s still a Sky sell-out.

3 Likes