Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

5 Likes

It’s how I see it to be honest.

1 Like

It’s gonna be either Stevie and Fowi or David Moyes and Big Kev.

1 Like

My favourite manager. I wathc foorball for more than 30 years and no man can even come close to this German bastard. I still remember 9 years ago in TIA’s form the debate between Klopp and Ancelotti. Never in doubt it should be Klopp and it is still the same feeling.

Juergen made this club a real force again after years of poor decisions on and off the field. He did not have much to spend /especially compared to the othe top clubs/, but created miracles. Signed decent players and turned them into world class players. Creating a clear pathway from the Academy to the first team and this season we see an influx of talented young players. They are getting chances, they are well managed and they enjoy their journey.

After a poor last season, he created a new team, with net spending of 90 mln. pounds last summer.
I really don’t have a logical explanation why Klopp decided to leave the club exactly now. The players are flying, they love him, there is a good vibe around the club, the fans, the bigger stadium.

And at the same time other things are happening for some time. Edwards and Graham left the club. Then Ward stayed for a very short time and he left club. Schmadtke leaves the club. Pep and Krawietz also leave /which is expected, especially for Peter/, but Matos is also out of the door. The club is losing its football IQ and class in a very short time.

And still no DoF, no negotiations with TAA, VvD and Mo Salah with their contratcs expiring in 2025.

Klopp said he will rest, but he did not deny that will work once again in football as a manager /thankfully not in England/. If he signs tas the next manager of Germany’s NT that will be totally understandable, but any oither choice will be very, very strange and inexplainable in my opinion.

The new manager will have the most difficult job in the world. He will be compared to Klopp by players, fans, even owners. He will have to work under a strict budget, while winning trophies and playing in the CL almost every season.

There are many young and promising managers, but none is like Klopp. Options:

Alonso - the obvious one. Maybe he is inexperienced, not a single trophy in his room because of that and probably he will go to Real Madrid the moment FP calls him, something similar happened 15 years ago. Still he has the talent, Bayer play in a very good way and there is an aura around him.Really tough and confident basque bastard.

De Zerbi - works under a strict budget, his teams play a nice pass and move football. Not scared to play with young and inexperienced players. Worked well in Sassuolo, won trophies in Shakhtar /and qualified them for the CL elimination phase/. But there is a real danger that he could be the new Potter.

Italiano - doing a fantastic job for Viola. Won promotion with Trappani from Seria C to Seria B, then won promotion with minnows Spezia and kept them in the Seria A. Fiorentina hired him and Enzo immediately qulified them for European football. Last season he qualified them for two finals, lost both of them /vs. West Ham and Inter/, but in both matches his team played better and more dominant football. By the way, he is born in Germany, but his parents are Sicilians… Still has not won a trophy and he has never worked for a top club.

Thiago Motta - doing really well with Bologna, once again under a strict budget. There are rumours that Barcelona want his as their next manager /Xavi could be sacked soner rather than later/. He inherited Italiano in Spezia and kept them in Sera A, then signed for Bologna and turned them for a team with zero ambitions, playing ugly football with veterans, into a young team, playing high pressing and attacking football. And his team is only 2 points off 4th placed team in Seria A after 20 games. Still question mark over his experience and real success on the pitch.

Michel - the manager of Girona. Team that is trying to ruin all order in Primera division. Playing ultra attacking football under a very, very strict budget. He is not afraid to play with young players and his team is always on the front foot. Winning promotion with Rayo Vallecano /he is something like a legend there/ from Segunda to Primera division, but later they sacked hi. Then he went to Huesca and once again won promotion to the Primera, 18 months later he was sacked when his team was at the boottom of the top Spanish league. Well, 6 months later he signed a contract with Girona and guess what happened - another promotion. And this season he is creating history with the small club from Catalonia. News is that his contract expires in 6 months and still no renwal.

Arne Slot - doing really well with a Feyenoord team that sell every good player they produce and sign cheaper alternatives. Rotterdam is a very similar place to Liverpool. The passion of the fans, the hardworking guys from the one of the biggest ports in Europe. The football team that is the diamond of the city.

Ruben Amorim - Sporting Lisbon. Similar to Slot, but is the only one from the list who always plays with 3 at the back.

Several names that deserve mentioning and following - Oli Glasner, Francesco Farioli, Will Still, Kieran McKenna, Alberto Gilardino. Nagelsmann

7 Likes

Concerned this makes Salah less likely to stay. With a year left on his contract, feels like a big issue for the incoming manager straight away.

If we sell Salah to avoid him leaving on a free it’s a bit like selling Beardsley. A bit like selling Owen to mine you, which turned out ok.

I’ve opened up the cans of beer. Probably will have a break down come 10pm!

1 Like

https://x.com/officialvizeh/status/1750835068119949518?s=46&t=Tk6buFVfyHeITdfFRWCVMg

Fuck sake. Told myself to be a man about this, but have now broken dry January, finished a bottle of wine, and watching love song videos :cry:

5 Likes

dont EVER wish that

1 Like

I think Trent would worry me more. Though I expect he would stay.

I actually don’t mind not selling Salah if he goes on a free so be it but give us that one more season and allow for transition.

1 Like

Not a fan of them, I take it…just thinking of how the played, how they loved LFC…don’t worry…I’m still shell shocked…

1 Like

https://x.com/timessport/status/1750971874282987584?s=46&t=Tk6buFVfyHeITdfFRWCVMg

9 Likes

I did just that in Liverpool today. Saved on the travel expenses.

4 Likes

These past few hours have been one of the worst of my life. Feels like a mix of a close relative dying or breaking up from a long relationship. Just can’t put it into words how utterly numb I feel. It was just yesterday when it became clear that he will be our manager and it truly felt from the first second that the curse will finally be broken and we will get back to where we belong. And every day since then being a liverpool fan has been such a joy. Its been so great that at times I felt sorry for fans of other clubs that they won’t experience that as there’s only one Jürgen, and there ever will be only one Jürgen.

Now we have 30 odd games and all of it will be over. And never again will we see that smile after a game or those fist pumps or Jürgen handing out hugs left right and center.

12 Likes

Look…the last paragrah…has just set me off again…

2 Likes

love them as players and as human beings… as part of a management structure? HELL NO

2 Likes

Straw grasping…

Van Dijk en TAA also have only one year left after this one.

2 Likes

Can we keep these posts to the other thread.

1 Like

I’d probs sacrifice my brother and sister to keep Jürgen here

1 Like

This is the team I’ll remember when I tell my grandkids about the Klopp era

15 Likes