Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

My favourite picture. My favourite two person of this era that epitomised what Liverpool is to me.

12 Likes
1 Like
  1. Cry
  2. Stop crying
  3. Seeing more photos from the Klopp era, start crying again.
12 Likes

One has to pay for reading that and I’m not the one who is paying :sunglasses:

1 Like

i actually forgot i had an account with them… so i just copied and pasted the link after reading article

Go on then, tell us, what does it say?

1 Like

can you imagine it?

Liverpool v Bayer in Dublin.

fucking SCENES

5 Likes

can i post quotes without posting whole article?

1 Like

As with all high profile managerial departures, the ultimate blame for Jurgen Klopp’s exit lies squarely at the feet of the players.

The critical difference in Liverpool’s case is he told them they were too darn good quicker than he anticipated. Time will tell if Klopp’s final major Anfield decision is right, but he no longer believes they need him like they did.

Klopp convened his squad on the training pitch shortly before 10.30am on Friday to deliver the news he had first given to Fenway Sports Group president Michael Gordon in November.

As is often the case with Klopp, the speech was part instinctive, part pre-planned.

He told the players he was only going to leave Liverpool in a position of strength. If he thought there was more work needed to restore them to the position of title challengers or major trophy winners, a sense of unfinished business would have kept him in charge. There was a strong hint he would have gone sooner but for the turbulence of last season.

Now Klopp is certain he will leave a legacy to be proud of, rather than a new building project for his successor.

Klopp had carried his secret for two months. He is relieved it is out in the open. The curious timing can be explained because once Klopp’s coaching staff knew and started making plans for their next employment, it was sure to leak.Telegraph

9 Likes

This wrong so wrong…how the hell do we…(supporters) continue for the next few months…

2 Likes

Thanks, for posting that.

@jabu that’s a surprisingly beautiful piece. The bit that is getting me is the hint he delayed his exit to right what went wrong last year. There are so many positive things that says about him as a man and manager.

15 Likes

Drink, chocolate, shopping for things you don’t need, re-watching the 2019 champions league final, world club final, Europa champions final, watching videos of the Klopp era with a box of Kleenex tissues!

6 Likes

Yes he is leaving us in a strong position and his timing was right, we have time to look at all the options.

It is never about him

1 Like

its a really great article, especially the part where he blames the players for doing well too quickly, thus hastening his departure

Sad Season 5 GIF by NBC

And how he done that.

Said this yesterday - the squad is so good that we will need very few new players in the summer (unless Salah leaves). So a perfect start for any new manager who comes in.

1 Like

As Taylor Swift said

“I was there when you said forever and always, you didn’t mean it baby”.

who is taylor swift?? excuse me for my ignorance

She’s going to be the first woman to win a Super Bowl Ring.

1 Like