Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Yup, I remember my previous job and how utterly drained I was afterwards I do feel it a bit with my current one but hybrid has helped catch a few more hours in those mornings which has helped at times.

I took voluntary redundancy in one within two months I felt on it again and flowing but I was completely drained the day I finished. These are more mentally straining but I assume it’s the same in Klopp (bar his peloton workouts).

1 Like

Genuinely feel like a family member has died. Shite day, shite feelings. Thank you Jurgen for turning us from doubters to believers and doing things the right way, the Liverpool way, you are a great coach and a fantastic human being. Gutted

3 Likes

What? You are comparing yourself to Klopp! ?Blasphemy

Klopp produces a very heartfelt and honest video explaining his reasons for leaving.

Liverpool fans: Yeah whatever here is why its the owners I already don’t likes fault.

6 Likes

I tried to sleep, but got up at early today, feeling, maybe, yesterday’s news was a bad dream.

All i want to do is cry into me rice crispies ::cry:.
All our rivals are enjoying this news.

4 Likes

If there’s one thing that I’m going to take from today is that I am going to enjoy the time we have left with him. This is going to be one hell of a ride.

Also, listen to his message. Not just today, all of it. Relish the time you have, live well. Respect each other, respect your opponent. Be strong, but be kind.

Also, don’t be a cunt :wink::flushed::innocent:

9 Likes

Scared Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Oh…:face_holding_back_tears:

Two great pieces to read on our Jürgen.

6 Likes

We all knew this day would come, I have been expecting it for the last 3 years. We were lucky to not have a great manager, but the best manager in world football. Both in terms of winning, and as a person.

He gave far more than any of us could ever have asked. He leaves the club in a great position. A million miles away from what he inherited.

A class act, leaving the club in a perfect position for Xabi to take over.

17 Likes

15 Likes

Sorry to post more articles, this is for the historical records for our future generations to read.

6 Likes

I have slept on it………we need a statue for Jürgen

7 Likes

So have I. I need a therapist.

3 Likes

Right now the only one I can think of goes to the (adapted lyrics in italics) Don’t Cry by Guns and Roses (Heavy Metal football and all-yeah yeah I know, but Hard Rock is close enough)

If we could see tomorrow, what are your plans?
No one can live in sorrow, ask all your friends
Times that you brought us trophies they’re back in demand
You were the one who’s made us sing “Imagine being us”

Don’t you cry tonight
We still love you, Jürgen
Don’t you cry tonight
Don’t you cry tonight
There’s a heaven in Anfield, Jürgen
And don’t you cry tonight

3 Likes

That there would bring tears to your eyes.
Very well put

6 Likes
3 Likes

2015-16

Klopp took over and led the club to two finals, losing the League Cup to Manchester City and the Europa League to Sevilla. Liverpool finished eighth in the Premier League.

2016-17

Some big-time transfer hits for Klopp in the summer, as Sadio Mane, Joel Matip, and Georginio Wijnaldum arrive along with Loris Karius and Ragnar Klavan. Klopp’s first full season does not include another final but the Reds finished fourth place in the Premier League to secure a return to the Champions League.

2017-18

Barcelona spends stupid money on exciting but overhyped Philippe Coutinho, and those funds will be spent well, with Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson, and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain the summer jewels (Dominc Solanke is a miss). Virgil van Dijk arrives on Jan. 1. Another fourth place finish in the Premier League, but this will be remembered for the run to the Champions League Final. The Reds lost to Real Madrid as Sergio Ramosinjured Mohamed Salah after 31 minutes and goalkeeper Loris Karius’ concussion was somehow unaddressed in a 3-1 loss.

2018-19

This summer brings Fabinho and Alisson Becker, along with Xherdan Shaqiri and Naby Keita. The Reds return with a vengeance and a 97-point campaign that found them second to Man City in the Premier League. An incredible comeback in the Champions League semifinal brought Liverpool to a final versus Spurs in Madrid, where a controversial early penalty helped the Reds toward the European Cup and a 2-1 win.

2019-20

A quiet transfer summer aisde from Harvey Elliott, with Takumi Minamino arriving in January. Who needs additions? For the first time since 1990, Liverpool win the Premier League. They nearly hit 100 points (99) along the way, and win the UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup. Klopp’s men bow out of the Champions League to Atletico Madrid in the Round of 16 and lose the Community Shield to Man City in penalties.

2020-21

Klopp buys Kostas Tsimikas, Thiago Alcantara, and Diogo Jota but a big injury to Virgil van Dijk basically sinks the season, as Liverpool finish third with 69 points. There’s a Champions League quarterfinal run but this is a rough one.

2021-22

Another quiet summer aside from a splashy buy of in-demand center back Ibrahima Konate, but Luis Diaz is purchased in the January window to help the attack… Another second-place finish with 92 points, and a FA and League Cup double!

2022-23

Liverpool open up the vault for Darwin Nunez, but a mostly-unaddressed midfield leaves Klopp with the second-fewest Premier League points of his tenure (a late loan for Arthur does nothing). Cody Gakpo arrives in January, and there’s a Community Shield win and a Champions League Round of 16 run but tournament play is substandard, too.

2023-24

Course correction in a big way, as Liverpool gets Saudi Pro League money for Fabinho and Jordan Henderson and uses it to help bring in stars Alexis Mac Allister, Dominik Szoboszlai, Ryan Gravenberch, and Wataru Endo account for more than 180 million dollars in transfer spending on the midfield. The Reds are in the League Cup Final, leading the Premier League, and alive in Europa League as favorites. Will silverware arrive at Anfield, and if so, how many items?

Short summaries of the seasons under Klopp from Yahoo.

No disrespect to previous legendary managers but nowadays we have access to more pictures, videos, articles and interviews than ever.

Think it would be a great idea to start 8 threads (one for the first 1,5 seasons and one for each of the other seven seasons) to do the Klopp era justice.

I’m sure all of us have some great (and some bad) memories and stories to tell.

Would @moderators be ok with that?

7 Likes

So do I, also I need 2 weeks compassionate leave from work!

4 Likes

I am not finding it funny @cynicaloldgit :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I am. A load of grown people acting as though someone has died. Grow up, the lot of you. Did you expect him to stay here until he has a heart attack or something?

Jürgen has been an outstanding manager but nobody is bigger than the club and the world goes on.

5 Likes