Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

thats a fair point and im not debating death of a loved one is worse thana manager leaving a football club…

but…

lifes more than just being born, paying taxes, and dying.

not doubt LFC losing JNK is nowhere near as devastating as what is going on in Gaza right now, but it is still devastating, the game means alot, the club means alot…the great man leaving is rough…

by just suggesting other people have it tougher ( and they do) doesnt mean its irrelevant

7 Likes

agree. 100%.

1 Like

There are five stages – denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance – people will need time to get through those stages,some take longer than others.

4 Likes

It is fine to be a snowflake, under the circumstances. Just let all your emotions out.

4 Likes

I am still on stage 1. I am hoping Jürgen will change his mind before May. I know I am clutching at straws here. It makes me feel better for the moment.

I know a game would help.

2 Likes

Didn’t Niles go through those stages in Frasier?

1 Like

Agree @cynical. Obviously Jurgen is unique but I’m already excited about us winning the league this season and tthen going into 24-25 with Xabi and seeing something new develop.

1 Like

That’s a great episode

The Athletic:

“Having stayed put and revived the club’s fortunes so spectacularly the feeling was he was going nowhere any time soon, even if there was a recognition from some within the club that a draining job — amplified by Klopp taking so much more responsibility in recent years with other top executives having departed — had taken its toll.”

Jurgen can you please do this, Jurgen can you please do that, oh and one more thing… Jurgen can you please do this and that also?

:man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Edit full interview

:broken_heart:

6 Likes

Having slept on this I have a few brief thoughts:

1. I’m gutted that he is going, like everyone, but I’m at peace with it. Life is a series of chapters, and it has been a brilliant chapter of my life as a red, with Klopp as our manager. Now this chapter will end, and so we are all reacting to the news.

2. On that point, we should be charitable to one another in how we react. Personally I am at peace with it all and that has come quite quickly. For some people it might almost feel like a death, at least initially, and there will be a sense of grief. It won’t last as long of course, as it is not a death, but while we are in the initial shock we can extend grace to one another if some are a bit more emotional. It’s all part of the rich tapestry of life, and that’s ok.

3. My mind has been moving towards thoughts of the rest of the season. It would be the most incredible thing if somehow this galvanized everything even further, and we got another Premier League title under this magnificent leader. That’s what we are all hoping for, with a massive parade at the end. We are in four competitions, and there’s plenty of silverware to play for. Hopefully it is a successful season, and we have approx. 30 more games with Jurgen and we will love it all.

4. As I look at the state of the squad we are in rude health. We have lots of talent, and the age has come down, with some great kids, and also a lot of players with plenty of prime years left in their legs.

5. New manager. Who? I hope it’s Alonso. He gets the club and has a real serenity about him as a leader, a clear vision, and a steely determination to make his mark. Quiet authority might be an apt description. He won’t be the same heart on sleeve sort of leader as Klopp, but that’s ok, we are all unique individuals.

If it is Alonso, what’s to say we are not witnessing the start of the managerial career of the best manager of this coming generation?

Taking Leverkusen from near the bottom, to the Europa, and now flying high at the top of the Bundesliga, is a brilliant achievement. They play good football on the front foot, too. It’s not a cagey sort of smash and grab thing. Alonso has a vision for how he wants the game to be played and it is not difficult to see him implementing it, and taking it even further with the extra resources we have at Liverpool.

Ideally Xabi would have a bit more experience, but it’s a bit like when a world class player is smashing the door down to get into the team… if you are good enough, you are old enough.

He has won the lot as a player, and commands instant respect. He has paid his dues as a coach behind the scenes, youth, then B team, and now in his first gig where he is the main man, he is doing the sort of job that commands attention.

So I’m chilled about it all.

Jurgen Klopp. Wow. Thank you thank you thank you. Now let’s knuckle down for the rest of the season and hopefully the next few months will give us even more special memories under this great leader. Then we will have a special send off.

Then a new chapter will begin, as it always does.

Jurgen has been so good that we expect it will be worse. But sod that. Maybe we are about to nab the best manager of the next generation, and perhaps Klopp, in his wisdom, is bowing out at the perfect time, both to replenish his own resources, and to see Xabi Alonso take this group to new heights.

Guardiola, the fraud, said he will sleep better at night knowing that he won’t be facing Klopp’s Liverpool team. Wait until Alonso’s Liverpool side plays you off the park then, you bald fraud. Guardiola will end his time at Man City under a cloud, as the chickens come home to roost. Liverpool will ride into a new chapter, a successful one, and I’m betting it will be under Alonso.

It’s coming.

12 Likes

Thank you for the memories and let´s just enjoy the rest of the season.

https://twitter.com/kingkonate5/status/1750978935590928492

Danke Jürgen

9 Likes

I think a big reason why I’m finding this hard to take is because I though he was rejuvenated and excited about his new young team.

In 2015, I fully expected him to do seven years and get off. He’ll have ended up doing nearly nine. But the nature of the summer and the exciting young team he has built led me to think he would be doing another 2-3 years.

5 Likes

Nar, Phil was every bit as good as the money Barca paid for him. We lost an absolute monster of a player. Klopp’s brilliance was not in identifying that he could fleece Barca for a player who wasnt as good as they thought he was, but because he was every bit that good and Klopp still had a plan for how to continue to get better in his absence.

2 Likes

I actually trust Klopp when he says that he would’ve rather kept Coutinho if he wanted to stay. And we would’ve found a way of continuing improving. But I can’t lie, I was very, very happy with the fee we got. Think Barca got it terribly wrong. Like they did a lot of big incoming moves post-Neymar.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ThomasThrowin/status/1751196118774423969

7 Likes

Finally found time to listen to the full interview.

It’s incredible, but even at a moment like this, he managed to make me laugh at times.
Comparing himself with a sportscar which still runs well, but of which only he knows that some internal pieces don’t work as well anymore. Or saying that he’s a normal guy, but doesn’t know what a normal life is, and wants to know that before it’s too late. :joy:

As usual, he brings together the grave things, like getting older, running out of energy etc. with his usual sense of humour and self-derision. He’s a true genius in communication, but at the same time, he’s 100% himself, and that’s what makes him so likeable.

Anyway, I’m now at peace with his departure. I understand what he means, and as I’ve always done, I’ll back him 100%, also with this crucial decision.

And as he says, the book he wrote with all of us isn’t finished yet. There are some other chapters to write, and I’m really looking forward to it!!! :+1::+1::+1:

15 Likes

Some German gossip

5 Likes