Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

That’s 50 miles from where I live :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Spot on, I agree 100 percent👍

1 Like

To be fair I was at a BBQ with SMTM and Indy.

After playing Mario Kart and a highly competitive game of tiddlywinks, Klopp told us all and we all pinky sweared not to say more.

6 Likes

Do you think part of his fatigue was hastened by reading our forums?

2 Likes

I heard he was particularly distressed by the quality of the ‘artwork’

2 Likes

Worth a listen.

2 Likes

[Jonathan Northcroft, The Times]:

‘Liverpool are losing the captain of their culture, someone who stood up for the collective ethic in Doha when they won the Club World Cup in 2019. At the presentation, upon hearing fringe players might not receive medals, Klopp threatened, “OK, I will go there and when the Sheikh or whoever wants to give me a medal I won’t take it. Tell them I will kill the whole ceremony.” Extra medals were duly found.’

9 Likes

Getting a proper technical director and staff is just as important as getting the right manger.

I don’t know what happend with Ward and why it was so hard to find a new one but I feel that was one of the reasons Klopp lost his energy to do this until the end of his contract in 2026.

5 Likes

Northcroft:

"It was telling, in the video he recorded for supporters, that Klopp, 56, spoke of finding ways to explain his decision to his wife, Ulla. She loves Merseyside and their life in the coastal village of Formby and persuaded him to stay when he was close to quitting midway through last season. Fatigued and mindful of his health, Klopp found 2022-23 a “dog year”, as he put it in his press conference on Friday.

He needed to rebuild his team, especially its midfield, and was fed up with the relentless schedule and noise. Among experiences that disillusioned him was one where, during Liverpool’s defeat at Old Trafford in August, a Liverpool fan stood behind Ulla yelling negatives about him throughout the game."

That wasn’t a Liverpool fan

3 Likes

Surely not indeed. Well, whomever this’ fan’ was, he can be proud of himself. He has achieved what he wanted.

Fun Fact:
The father of Mats Hummels was Klopps coach at Mainz 30 years ago.

Jürgen went on to be Mats Hummels coach at Dortmund.

6 Likes

Was kind of hard to see him at full time knowing this is near the end

1 Like

Near the end? We have 4 months to go …

I am trying to save my tears for his sent off, until then I just try to enjoy every bit that´s left.

3 Likes

Blink of an eye

2 Likes

It’s tough when you think back to these run of games in January 23:

Brentford 3-1 Liverpool
Brighton 3-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-0 Chelsea
Wolves 3-0 Liverpool

I remember Klopp’s apology to the away supporters after the Wolves game, and his general demeanour, his interviews where he said he couldn’t explain what happened. That was the first time I’ve seen him like that. Usually he says he knows what the problems are/were, but I wonder if those run of games were where Ulla had to talk him out of quitting. After that game, Klopp made the training and tactical adjustments he’d earmarked for next season (this season now). It’s difficult to think that despite planning for this season, in his head, he’d genuinely contemplated walking away.

As has the past 8.5 years.It’s gone too fast.:cry:

3 Likes