Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Aye. The “doubters to believers” speech only feels like it was a year or two ago.

8 Likes

Klopp: “The atmosphere today showed everything to me. It’s wonderful. I love it. I will not say don’t sing the song anymore. People can do what they want. We need the crowd. Just not always thinking of the manager!”

7 Likes

was there any talk of trillion pound investments from Chinese businessmen with access to state funds?

1 Like

Got through today’s game, after the announcement. It was a good fixture against Norwich, as we won at a canter. Jurgen felt the love and choked up a bit too. It was all very appropriate. He had his announcement a couple days ago. The match going fans had their reaction today and showed him the love.

I think we will now knuckle down and get behind the team. It’s not that we never did, but just that we had to mark Jurgen’s announcement and respond to it. But now it’s back to business. Chelsea up next. Mid table team, underachieving, but very expensively assembled, and they raise their game against us. So the fans will be fully focused on the game, and getting behind the team as we need the three points.

We love Jurgen, and a party/farewell is coming, and hopefully it will include a very big trophy.

In the meantime, the wheel keeps turning and it’s a big game against Chelsea.

The passion will be higher as there’s more on the line and there’s more at risk than against a pretty-much-sure-thing game against Norwich.

7 Likes

Does he have a brother Rugs Hummels?

Naby Keita on Klopp’s departure:

“When I heard the news, I had tears in my eyes. I was like his son in Liverpool and I consider him my dad.”

9 Likes

https://x.com/_pauljoyce/status/1751938610540990670?s=20

1 Like

Bit click bait but no player really knows do they.

4 Likes

Yeah, they have to leave it open in case the club does something ridiculous like appointing Mourinho or Tuchel.
Wouldn’t blame anyone for jumping ship in that case.

4 Likes

If the manager comes in and says yeah we want you then do a new deal if he feels it’s time to move on that goes for any player.

Sadly we get this for every player at some point.

The manager’s wishes are not always in agreement with the club stance. Ultimately, granting a new signature is up to the club. Decision falls on a combination of people who are above a newly sporting person above the manager. Manager will have his say in that, for sure.

Ideally, you have two sides (club & manager with the player & his entourage). In reality, there’s often 3.

But it doesn’t change the point I made which is no player can be sure of their future.

1 Like

Down in France with the kiddies on holiday…have been off piste for a bit.

Had the weirdest dream last night…

JK had told everyone he was finishing up and Utd fuckwits were debtaing whether or not they should fire Ten Hag and bring JK in.

I must have had some bad fondue, or something.

1 Like

https://x.com/MailSport/status/1751663931439886344?t=cfVh5KJwFNR9H6PRyQKxcg&s=09

What a lovely tribute, he is trying to hold back the tears. It is not easy, even after 4 days.

3 Likes

He’s even tried to look like Jürgen :wink:

3 Likes

There was a lookalike that used to fool people around the stadium. They had him on The Last Leg a couple of times.

1 Like

Yuppers

I can almost quote his entire speech verbatim.

Carlo Ancelotti: “Jürgen Klopp has my uttermost respect. He’s a fantastic coach who has contributed a lot to football.”

Xabi Alonso: “I have huge respect and admiration for Jürgen.”

Pep Guardiola: “Football needs managers and personalities like him. Personally he has been the best rival I ever had in my life.” !

Erik ten Hag: “He has done an amazing job in Liverpool.”

Sir Alex Ferguson: “Jürgen is undoubtedly one of the most gifted managers in world football and the dedication and passion which Jürgen brings to the role is inspiring to anyone aspiring to a career in football management.”

Thomas Tuchel: “Kloppo is one of the very best coaches in the world, he has always managed to influence the clubs where he worked.”

Mauricio Pochettino: “I want to show my respect because the job with Liverpool is amazing. We have to respect his wish to rest.”

Zinedine Zidane: “Klopp is a great manager with a great CV and has done superbly at Liverpool. I like to look and learn though and when I did my coaching course I analysed Klopp.”

5 Likes

Klopp to media asking him about Virg:

“Write what you want, the club is stable. Everything will be fine, I’m 100% sure. I would recommend to stay calm. Very often the fans’ concerns are not as big as you might think. You underestimate the intelligence of our supporters."

Always has the right words to say :heart:

11 Likes