Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

https://x.com/LegendEskimoBoy/status/1752839341603193151?t=bfCbw36K_ph3xfIo9_VG2A&s=09

I agree with this, this was Jürgen’s wish. Now, the club is producing sensational young talent out of the training centre.

4 Likes

Think this was always a strategic goal from the club, even before Klopp.

Obviously he had his input in it over certain details, etc.

5 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

On the Instagram followers thing, I saw something that we were closing in on United slowly but surely. We were less than 10m behind, but when they re-signed Ronaldo, that alone very quickly bumped them to about 20m more than us.

:joy:

I’d like to see Jurgen Klopp do Great British Bake Off next.

1 Like

It was a wish of the club for a long time before Klopp. I interviewed Frank McParland when Rodgers was manager and he said the club had tried to do several times but it was a complicated move.

FSG had the financial clout and drive to push it through.

4 Likes

What was complicated about it? Was it simply complicated in the “this will cost more than we’re willing to fund” sense?

I believe that was most of it yes.

The preferred option was to move everything to Melwood but that was logistically impossible due to size of the site.

One of the downsides of Kirkby that was considered is how exposed to site is to weather. Its extremely windy, as anyone who has been there can testify, so there was also hesitation about moving the first team to a site that would potentially impact the quality of training. The solution to this was to put in a large amount of additional trees on the edge of the facility - which in turn required buying additional land.

4 Likes

Moving everything to Melwood…

How the hell was that even an option or an idea, not to mention a “preferred option”.

:joy:

1 Like

Maybe a better wording would be “in an ideal world”, as obviously the size of the site meant it was never going to happen.

Poor Jurgen had to spend time with Rio

It would lead to all kinds of confusion!

Hes like this between them

Manchester City Football GIF by BT Sport

Bought this today!!!

(Hopefully will arrive soon)

7 Likes

Is that what dribble he comes up with inbetween lines?

Between Pep’s coke lines?

I really like that! Where did you get it?

Are Adidas allowed to do that?

Only 14 were released but @jackdesigns_uk on Twitter

1 Like