Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

The players have let him down. Sad.

1 Like

With Nagelsmann signing a new extension with the German National Team until after the 2026 World Cup, I can see Klopp taking a good couple of years out of the game to rest and recuperate. Spend lots of time travelling (which he missed out on in his sabbatical post-Dortmund to take over us), and enjoy seeing his grandkid grow up.

He’ll be linked to any big job that comes up, but I’m glad that there’s a clear pathway to the German NT with time to rest and enjoy life.

3 Likes

Now even more I wouldn’t be surprised if Klopp takes over at Bayern after his sabbatical.

Will be interesting to see who will come in now. Maybe it’s a short term solution.

Is this the German equivalent of say Jürgen becoming Man Utd manager​:see_no_evil::pleading_face:

I cannot believe he would do this.

2 Likes

If you expected a quadruple, something no English team has ever done, you were setting yourself up for failure and/or disppointment.

15 Likes

Generally understood as involving the European Cup not the UEFA cup.

That’s why I said a quadruple not “the” quadruple.

1 Like

Winning the 4 trophies available to you to win is a quadruple doesn’t matter what the combination is.

5 Likes

Well, it’s not the first time under Klopp that we were in the perfect position to win a quadruple and we bottled it.

1 Like

I don’t like the bottled it jab.

Jurgen is a brilliant manager, and the fantastic squad/s he assembled at Liverpool would have won more were it not for systematic cheating going unchecked. It is appalling.

We have had multiple seasons with a points haul that would win the league in most seasons. We have played great football too, and some of the best stuff I’ve seen as a red has been on Klopp’s watch.

As a man he gets us, and he is a great leader.

I don’t like reducing it down to saying we bottled it, as that seems disrespectful and also wide of the mark for a very good team.

No other team went closer to this unrealistic goal.

13 Likes

Losing 1-0 to Real Madrid in the CL Final and getting 92 pts in the PL is not “bottling it”.

This is either twitter generation venacular, which I am just too old to understand, or outrageous levels of arrogance and/or delusion.

We were also not in a perfect position to win 4 trophies. People have been writing our names on the FA Cup and Europa League like forgone conclusions for months because they are idiots. We’ve limped along with half a squad at best for several months and now are trying to reintegrate players who are all coming back from middle/long term injury.

Attempting to restart rhythm for them is very difficult especially when every game is important. What part of any of this has been perfect?

14 Likes

Jurgen Klopps additude…

4 Likes

Best motivator in the world. We all know that.

But running out of energy and probably close to a burnout and it seems that it affects his players too.

Not a secret that I’m not a fan of the football we played this season but we still were able to get the job done most of the time.

Expected us to run out of luck at some point of the season but crashing out of the FA Cup and now the EL still hurt.

Not only for the possible trophies but at least it would have extended Klopps stay for another week.

Now the date is set. May 19th. And I’m not ready for this. :cry:

4 Likes

This guy disagrees

IMG_7982

1 Like

@GermanRed
Believe me, neither am I and I am sure most of us will feel the same.
I am going to need a box of tissueson May 19th. The void in our hearts is going to be huge.

However, with the new manager, it won’t be the same, but hopefully he will lift our spirits to help us come to terms with the loss of Jürgen.

I also am worried, I hope the fantastic German TAN family who contribute to this forum won’t leave us as well.:pleading_face:

4 Likes

Agree with all.

Players and Managers come and go. The club will always be there.

1 Like

Once a Red always a Red !!!

5 Likes

4 weeks to go. 5 games left.

Let’s talk Klopps legacy.
Apart from the trophies and the games. How will he be remembered? Has he changed things at the club which will last?

1 Like

I think the answer is somewhere between no and until the next chapter…