Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

It doesn’t.

1 Like

Agreeance.

1 Like

It won’t.

1 Like

Let me be in my grief in trying to come to terms with Jürgen leaving! Right now, I don’t give a sh*t about the replacement manager!

4 Likes

Fair. We should be good to our fellow reds at this time of heightened emotion.

Klopp is a legend and he will be sorely missed. People are allowed to lament his departure, even if others are a bit more ‘stiff upper lip’ about it all.

And for everyone who is sad… we are going to be just fine. In fact, Slot is going to win the league in his first season. Yep, that’s right.

3 Likes

Yeah I sensed that in the high performance podcast Milner did. Definite respect but not the adoration that Trent, for example, shows

John Oliver makes a cool point on Jürgen. Trophies are ephemeral and you hand them over. Even the 115s will. But “moments are tattoos on the soul.” Imagine your soul forever singing if you’re happy and you know it.

@cynicaloldgit not for you.

9 Likes

Fixed

1 Like

I have no soul. And nobody else has one, either.

I drained them all.

1 Like

This one hit hard :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Outing yourself as AI, CoG! :rofl:

I’m sure they’ll talk of how he improved them and helped them win loads of trophies and medals. But not the love that Klopp’s players so genuinely display in that video. Ali talking about Klopp being there for him when his dad died. Lallana about Klopp helping him overcome insecurities. Trent owing everything to him etc

5 Likes

Yaya Toure: ‘Pep forgot my birthday cake’

Kyle Walker: ‘Pep helped me getting away with cheating on my wife’

Which is a bit disingenuous. Trent owes a lot to his innate ability to play football.

4 Likes

Might have had a beer, hic. But the sentiment of this song sums up Klopp and his legacy for me.

Well, one thing which is now clear is that either the club or Klopp has instructed interviewers to not bring up refereeing at any point.

tbf he sort of did

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1791398020518478228

4 Likes

With all due respect, it’s a bit nonsensical. If var isn’t the problem, why scrap it?

4 Likes

I’m really scared what happens if VAR goes. It’s the only think now preventing officials just doing whatever the fuck they like.

Anyone remember the Sterling goal ruled out against City? He is five yards onside, and that goal probably costs us the title.

8 Likes

I still think it’s the officials that are pushing to get rid of it.

Prior to VAR there was always the perfectly reasonable excuse that the ref only gets one look at an incident. Now we know that they can see what we can, and hence the bizarre post hoc rationalisations of why a stonewall penalty isn’t given one week, whereas a blatant dive is given the next.

TBH, Klopp’s argument that they should scrap VAR is a bit odd, but I am guessing that he can’t publicly say that PGMOL is bent yet.

6 Likes