Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Redbull aren’t a sportwashing project.

But , to expect their clubs / F1 teams to have the same value to the fans as what the older clubs have is wrong.

I think they run a smart business. And they try to run it legally (to the best of my knowledge).

Their priorities are on playing expansive good football with Moneyball scouting. Plenty to like about , plenty to dislike.

I do agree with the trampling of the 50 plus 1 rule.

2 Likes

I wonder how Pep Ljinders feels about this?

1 Like

I think he’d be pretty happy to have someone he knows and trusts being in a position higher up within the company that he can bounce ideas and thoughts off to help clarify his thinking

1 Like

Probably thankful it means he’ll keep his job…

3 Likes

He’s a free man, wise enough to make his own decisions.

I don’t know exactly the job description that’s been pitched to him as the title is a little vague and I haven’t read too much into it, clearly it’s something he fancies as an exciting adventure otherwise I’m sure he wouldn’t have taken it on.

Wish him nothing but the best.

1 Like

I know we do expect better from our football heroes and maybe it’s better to steer clear of certain jobs but are the fans morally impeccable too?

1 Like

Klopp may’ve spoken to him about it prior to taking the role? & from their chats may’ve been encouraged by the prospect of working with him again in some capacity.

Klopp is just a normal guy on that level, just like most players, and most fans.

Klopp will earn millions with Red Bull money. If that makes him happy, that’s ok. But it’s also ok for some to feel disappointed about his choice.

Interestingly I think Ralf Rangnick had the same position 5 years ago.

Rangnick is Austrian and Klopp is German. Rangnick still got appointed to the Austrian coach despite his United disaster

This is something he’s chosen to do till he gets the German job.

2 Likes

Rangnick is german.

2 Likes

My bad.

I was under the impression he was Austrian. Might have been some other redbull coach

Don’t worry too much folks, Klopp is going there just for the passwords :wink:

5 Likes

It would probably be less bad for his reputation in Germany if he had become Bayern coach now, that’s how bad the reputation of this Red Bull organization is here. Well, at least it’s only temporary until Nagelsmann resigns at some point, but Klopp will still feel the displeasure, if he appears somewhere now, many people will probably boo him for that.

https://x.com/Der_Postillon/status/1843960708402213173

“Vom “normal one” zum Dosen Mann.”
The comments …
https://x.com/redbull/status/1843932023767048568

3 Likes

1 Like

JAN 2025:
Starts job at Red Bull.

6-12 months and away from club management/high pressurised environment like he said he would.

Conveniently left that 1 out didn’t they? BBC being full of wankers as per usual.

5 Likes

I would not call what Red Bull is doing ‘sportswashing’. Sure, it is a highly commercial model, but it is not a state entity.

15 Likes

I think they’re playing on Klopp running out of energy and ironically his next job is with an energy drinks organisation.

2 Likes

I disagree. They are looking at the direction of world travel and they’ve also watched Idiocracy for research purposes. Having seen the rising threat from Gaterade they are going early.

1 Like

What reputation do they have to wash?

1 Like