Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Definitely the latter. Its going to be one hell of an emotional ride.

2 Likes

Oh absolutely. It was meant rhetorically as I cannot imagine anything thinking otherwise. For me, the only issue would be if results in too much emotion, but one of the things Klopp has done well is regulate it so its used as a power for good rather than putting a team out like a bunch of coked up Gazzas playing the 91 cup final

3 Likes

Let’s just enjoy the next 2 and a bit years and hope his wife develops a taste for scouse which means he renews :wink:

I do think he will stick to the 60 thing which means it doesn’t leave him much scope to go elsewhere And the international job is probably a few years away as I said enjoy what we have hope that his successor builds on it but secretly hope he gives us a few more years.

2 Likes

I think he has stated an interest to back into TV at some point, which he could probably combine with the national team.

I think the best of leaders… you do it for them. Who they are, what they represent, the respect you have for them… it all comes together and you give your all. Klopp embodies that. There’s something beautiful about the human condition wrapped up in all that too.

Leaders use fear, but the more limited ones use fear too much. There is a place for fear, and I’m certain Klopp can wield the stick with the best of them, if needed… but I suspect that’s not a tool he goes for too frequently.

There was more to Ferguson than fear, of course, and my take is what he was best at, in his pomp, was assembling good coaches around him (Kidd, McClaren, Queiroz) and also his eye for spotting a player. It all coincided with Man Utd racing ahead in reaping the financial rewards flooding into the game.

But towards the end, as the game moved on more and more, it felt like Ferguson leant on the fear factor too much.

1 Like

Has he actually ever said anything that would indicate he would want to manage the national team?

Nah it’s just a guess, not sure where else he would go? Italy perhaps? Spain? Back to Germany.

I just can’t see him wanting one of the big clubs, I don’t think Munich appeals to him and others as well.

If the German International job was offered to him? That’s the only challenge that he would find appealing I reckon. The Real and Barca jobs would be poisoned chalices. JK isn’t stupid. If he didn’t get things right within say, 12-18 months in Spain, he’d be out on his ear like so many other quality managers have been.

2 Likes

I just personally think he’s all or nothing. I can’t see him as an international manager, just getting a week here and there with the team.

But then that’s speculation. But if he’s definitely off at 60 then that doesn’t leave long for a new project.

I assume Hansi Flick would want to do the cycle of World Cup and Euros that’s why I was a bit would he do the German national team.

1 Like

I thought he had (perhaps Honigstein mentioned it in his book?) But i thought that about his plans when leaving too…yet no-one else has confirmed it :see_no_evil:

Not sure Jurgen would want to manage their National team for they have dominated and won everything in the past… Just be a case of rinse and repeat scenario
I can see him taking up a pivotal ambassadorial role within global football somewhere… even if it is a position that is created for someone worldly wise on the footballing front like him

A new DFB president has just taken up office today. At some point why not Jürgen as the highest functionary in the largest national sports association in the world. It needs a root and branch reform.
https://www.zeit.de/sport/2022-03/dfb-bundestag-bernd-neuendorf-praesident

2 Likes
10 Likes

Bang on the money. Everyone complacent when it comes to money. That the way the world works unfortunately.

1 Like

Jurgens basically articulated exactly what a lot of us have been saying in other threads

2 Likes

So which one of you is he? :rofl:

1 Like

You see comments occasionally about the surprise people have with Klopp’s ability to talk clearly about things like this that arent football. But I think that is the point. It is because he has an uncanny ability to cut through the bullshit and quickly get to the salient point that makes him so effective as a football manager.

9 Likes

I’m Spartacus!

No… I am Spartacus :0)

1 Like