Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

https://twitter.com/Lois__11/status/1519711354579558400?s=20&t=1W5H0Rcti0GhZbI3KZhkpQ

21 Likes

When is Pep contracted to now ?

1 Like

Third. We finished third.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Twice years?

9 Likes

3 years of Jurgen with Pep gone is a nice thought

2 Likes

It is but don’t get carried away with it. My guess is that Pep will extend shortly too.

2 Likes

Pep never signs for more than 3 years so I’m guessing he might agree to a 2-year extension, if that’s the decision soon.

1 Like

We know Kenny struggled with moving on players with whom he had a relationship, and that overall ageing out of the side was a part of our decline. When you see how close Klopp stays to his old players one of the things I wondered, especially after some of the criticisms of the end at Dortmund, was whether he would have the same struggles. We know he’s done it here once already - only 2 of the guys who started the final against Seville are still at the club…within 2 years his next final included a side with over half the starters being guys he brought in…if we get past Villareal its difficult at this stage to see anyone other than Hendo starting as a player he inherited. But there is a big difference between moving on the likes of Moreno, Clyne and Can vs moving on the likes of Bobby and Hendo, guys who bought so much into what you we’re trying to do and with whom you achieved so much together. I had long had this thing in the back of mind about how he’d deal with that. Would he not deal with it at all (a la Fergie) and move on after squeezing everything he could out of his team and leave it up to someone else to refresh? Would he fail to see it was needed and suffer the hurt of watching performances dip and then walk away?

What it seems though is he’s meeting it head on and doing it in a way that is gradual and organic.

7 Likes

Yes Pep , 500m for season is your transfer budget.

I think it makes sense for him to stay till 2026 also because if all the core players extended their contract for another 4 years too, they will be at the club till their mid 30s (34-36) range, which in the meantime, while Klopp builds the team with new blood, 2026 will be the time when a new manager can be ready to take over the team and input his own style. Except for Matip and Thiago whose contract ends in 2024 and of course our critical trio upfront whose end next year, the rest of our key players all have contracts till 2025, 2026, 2027. if we get these sorted out, we will have a core going ahead while continuing to add great players like Diaz, Jota etc. Happy to see this happening and sorted.

3 Likes

Saw this earlier - hadnt realised Jurgen has the highest win percentage of our managers. He’ll pass Paisley in terms of games played by the time 2026 rolls round. We’ll see if that win percentage is still in the 60s!

4 Likes

Most successful managers? Need to add trophies, la. Three columns: League titles; European Cups and other

Yeeeess!
I was over the moon yesterday when it was being talked about I dunno where the fuck I am today but it is a great place!
And his support coaches too,great days ahead.

3 Likes

I definitely had the wrong sense of her - I figured she would be his real reason for deciding to move on, even if he didn’t say so. Never expected her to have this role.

5 Likes

I agree. Signing the extension would seem to indicate that Jurgen is looking to the future and wants to bring in players who would be the future backbone of the team. Hence the likely signing of Carvalho and the possible signing of Bellingham and the current links with Tchouameni.

Woke up to this great news this morning. Oh, happy day!

10 Likes

Great news on him extending his deal,i didn’t think for one second he’d leave at the end of his last deal tbh,all these reports over the last couple of years insinuating he’d leave in 2024 (when he never once said he was going) were just click bait bollox.

It never made sense,there were too many reasons why he wasn’t leaving the club and why he’s re-signed.

ONE,being the humble guy that he is,he never talks about contracts and didn’t believe it was his place to say “I’m staying for longer” when he said FSG could sack him before then.

TWO,his age,he’s still 6 years away from being 60,i don’t see him starting a new club job after LFC when he’s still got plenty to do here,winning more competition’s and rebuilding a new team for the future before he actually does leave,the timing just didn’t seem right.

THREE,his love of the club,the players,the city and the fans,it’s everything he wants in the game,he’s the perfect match for LFC and LFC for him,plus the added bonus of his wife loving it here,that was never in doubt either,she was the one who told him to turn down the United job and join us in the first place.

This video says it
all https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLscWb4D/

2 Likes

Really glad Klopp has extended! The thought of going head to head with Klopp for another 4 more years will surely drive the opposition managers crazy. The reason why we haven’t see Klopp in his full ability is largely due to the limited transfer and wage budgets at his previous clubs. It is not helped that some of Dortmund’s players sees Bayern as the final destination for them.

With a good backroom, scouting network and a larger transfer and wage budget, Klopp can effectively transform the playing staff to his vision.

1 Like

Heard he’s alright. Good signing.

3 Likes