Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Problem is who is the old guard and who has just been there for a while.

If you were to pick your best Liverpool team (ignorance) of form wouldn’t you pick VVD, Trent, Salah, Fabinho?

Matip is a perfect example, comes in and does well after woeful defending, now he is back to being shit so it’s Konate next.

I have to say the most depressing thing I heard was we will try against Arsenal, then again bigging ourselves up hasn’t worked so.

1 Like

Loads of talk of this is peps new formation there using and it hasn’t bedded in yet. I wonder was this the plan to start moving Klopp out and Pep in but the players look like they don’t have a clue what’s asked and are mentally knackered. Interesting games against arsenal and City to come… go back to what you know…

Klopp is contracted till 2025, almost three full seasons.

1 Like

Thing is if it is I’m not spotting a formation and I don’t see why certain people are playing so badly I haven’t anything else really. If it is a new one we probably sack it off if it needs a proper pre season to implement. I see it’s designed for Nunez but he’s played less than Milner.

It looks like a load of players bang out of form and some who haven’t a clue what they are doing (not in a formation way)

I think we should probably look at that season where we started the season with three 1-0s entertaining it wasn’t but it got us going.

If it is a confidence issue then those posts that said good we didn’t win as it would paper over the cracks are bang wrong, a 3-2 win from 2-0 down would have been amazing for confidence

I do think scrappy wins would help at this rate.

I feel intense pre-season training was allowed so we had enough rhythm to get through the CL group which would finish a month earlier than normal due to the World Cup shenanigans…
Judging by the way we have been playing this has back-fired on us terribly… Hope we recover and gain some traction in the next few weeks, but honestly, this time around not too sure of that…
If we remain within touching distance of the PL leaders, and we get through the group stage of the CL, then maybe, just maybe, we will make a super-human effort on all fronts again from Christmas onwards… with stamina, energy, grit, determination and form returning to the team in abundance.

1 Like

I do think we may be better after the World Cup but as you say it’s keeping touch, I think the league is already top 4 hopes rather than anything else.

2 Likes

Hello my friend, if you look at the list that you provided, none of them are natural CMs. Elliott is a converted CM as he ain’t got the pace to be a winger. Carvalho is more of an AM/LW.

1 Like

Yes, @Herb also pointed the lack of fresh-bloods in the midfield.

Frankly, I think we are cursed in that position. Two highly talented players played fuck all during their Liverpool career, another talented kid also got bogged down with injuries, Elliott too had a nasty injury.

Curse of the Wijnaldum :wink:

Think folks are searching for a scapegoat and he appears a very easy one to latch on…
Moment he published that book you knew he was going to be a target for some…

One frustration for me is how long it takes us to make changes.

We lost out on Tchoumeni and we just accepted to keep things as they are. Similar to the CD situation the previous season…

Kind of links in with Klopp’s comments about occasionally wishing we could take more risks…

Almost like we are always hoping for the best, rather than actually working for it.

Should’ve put pressure on Dortmund for Bellingham, including accepting overpaying.

Its comes down to not always appreciating the urgency of the situation as we did with the CDs two seasons ago…

And this ties in with the fact that Manchester City can waste whatever they like on bad signings- money has no meaning to them.

We don’t have that same liberty.

3 Likes

Makes no sense to me. We’ve got one of the best coaches in the world who’s done miracles with relatively little resource. Why would he change to his assistant’s tactics when he has 3 years left?

1 Like

Obi Wan Mind GIF by Star Wars

1 Like

However, I am beginning to see the theory of us actually burning out our Midfielders coming true. Gini was made of steel during his time with us but his time after us was horrible in terms of injury.

2 Likes

In hindsight, Bellingham may not save our collective arses this time. We need someone that can shut down the right side for TAA when TAA goes forward. Right now, no one can do it.

This is what I mean about needing some pragmatism… Even the players are now voicing concerns we’ve been found out…

Van Dijk: “I don’t know. Obviously, we are trying to put pressure on the ball, but teams are adapting to us as well, [they] try to go a little bit more direct at times, go in behind, and trying to put a second runner, because teams know we are having a high line.”

So why not drop deeper at the start of a game, proper throw teams off, then keep switching in game… We’ve become so predictable and now any team can exploit us time and time again.

4 Likes

We seem too regimented in what we are doing and need to be able to react & adapt to situations on the pitch. As you know, I have and many others keep banging the drum about when & when not to defend i.e mark runners, no pressure on the ball we have to track players.

Not so much an issue of liberty to make mistakes than it is about the urgency of here and now and not simply hoping for the best; and doing better on developing options.

At the end of the day, its a global game

True but doesnt mean hes has to stay that long… just a thought is all

4 Likes

He seemed more upbeat in the PC.