Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

:joy: :rofl: :rofl: He is so right. Only he can make us laugh in bad situations.

He achieved what we wanted. Whatever we have with Jurgen is a bonus. I will miss him when retires from football.

5 Likes

His pre-match press conference today was quite interesting. It’s quite clear he doesn’t think the same way as many on here, especially with regards to our defensive issues. Sounds like he thinks that the system itself is fine, just that we can’t get the timing right at the moment. Which is not too dissimilar to the start of last season.

Yet he changed the system completely on Tuesday.

In the name of shaking things up and trying to recover some unpredictability apparently. I think he said specifically that teams have worked out how to beat us when we aren’t doing well, so he had to change that. On the other hand, when we do play well, he thinks that we are more than good enough to almost always overwhelm the opposition.

I hope we stick with 4231 and build on it. It suits the current personnel better. The midfield is either older players who don’t quite have the legs to cover all the ground needed, or younger players like Harvey, who are good and have a big future, but behind them the likes of Trent is having a mare as the gaps are too big.

4231 also gets another attacker on the pitch, and right now we have plenty of those. I’d like to see Darwin Nunez continue as the spearhead to find his groove and learn to integrate with the others well.

7 years a red today.

7 Likes

Mignolet … Bogdan
Clyne … Toure
Skrtel … Randall
Sakho … Allen
Moreno Teixeira
Lucas … Ibe
Emre Can … Sinclair
Milner
Lallana
Coutinho
Origi

This is what he started with.

1 Like

thought he had benteke too didnt he?

was a fucking age ago, and cant be arsed looking it up

1 Like

And Ballotelli?

was gonna say ballotelli, i dont even think he let him train with the squad, then i thought maybe that was rodgers

1 Like

Probably his first line up as manager. :+1:

Unreal. He had one top player in the entire squad…and sold him to build a title winning team

2 Likes

Wasn’t Bobby already there as well?

2 Likes

Yep; Bobby signed on 4th July 2015 and Jürgen joined in October.

1 Like

Bobby, Lovren, and Sturridge were here too.

One went on to win everything, one is remembered for his blunders (and bromance with Mo), the last is erased from memory because of his injury absences.

1 Like

Yeah Rodgers froze out Bobby if I remember

What’re talking about? Milner’s still with us.

That’s uhh…quite telling isn’t it.

No wonder we were like 8th in the league & losing to the likes of Ludogorets when he took over.

Incredible to think he got us to 2 cup finals that season tbh.

Hendo was here as well.

Dear Jurgen, how far is the reinvention you mentioned few weeks ago?