Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Didi is the ultimate reverse psychologist. We should start to see improvement shortly.

2 Likes

Hamman is a gobshite who has a long history of being critical of Liverpool and Sklopp specifically. With Klopp I think it even goes back to Dortmund, with Didi seeming to have retained a lot of loyalty to Bayern.

1 Like

lol

Edit: to be clear, that actually gave me a fit of the giggles

2 Likes

:rofl: Im having lots of problems with my fingers this morning.

1 Like

Its Vinny O’connor asking him as well the Sky clickbait headline wanker.

1 Like

Fuck me Steve has a big gob and is not shy to use it to spout absolute shite

1 Like

I think the term for that is ‘going Dutch’

Or maybe going full McClaren :man_shrugging:

Whisper it quietly, but some of our former players are cocks!

Limiting the observation to Hamann, I thought he was a good midfielder for us. Not the best we’ve had, but he was a good player. I can give him that.

After he retired, there were various issues around him that indicated a bit of a lack of self-control. I think, for example, he got caught up in gambling quite badly.

But then beyond that, he comes across as a bit of a moaner and complainer. I suppose that’s not the end of the world, but to a world class manager like Jurgen Klopp, it will grate enormously to have someone comment on his team and his work who hasn’t made any sort of mark for themselves in the coaching or management arena.

I also think a bit of it is to do with Hamann being a fellow countryman. Sometimes we are most brutal with our own. Klopp is in the UK, and is a standard-bearer for Germany - top fella, great values, normal bloke, world class at his job.

Hamann is none of those things.

I’m mindful of the George Bernard Shaw quote, “No English man can open his mouth without another English man despising him.”

6 Likes

Back to topic lads please, cheers!

These past 7 years have flown by, My memory isn’t the greatest even on my best day…If you asked me what the score was last season away to a Palace or something like who all the scorers were in either our 4-0 win or 5-0 win against Utd I’d struggle to tell ya. I struggle to remember all the individual bad decisions that we’ve seen in the Prem especially over the last 5-6 years but I do know they happened because I find myself moaning about it every week…I can remember the season before VAR where Utd were awarded 8 clear offside goals…do I remember any of the individual moments? Maybe like 1.

But what I do remember is the state this club were in before he took over, what I do remember is the humiliation in Stevie’s last match away at Stoke the season before & how far forward Klopp’s taken this team progressively each year. I truly believe no other manager wouldv’e been capable of doing that for us. That will never be erased from my memory & that’s how I know we have a very very special manager on our hands.

4 Likes

Are you sobering up after last night?

:wink:

I agree… What we need to do is find out if he wants his statue to show him wearing glasses… or not.
Memories of this guy are going to last for decades

3 Likes

He can have both.

3 Likes

I was going to post one really unimportant thing this morning, though it was something that I found significant on a personal level and some people might find it helpful. Namely, I’ve been a keen follower of Football365 since 2006 or 2007 (I started roughly at the same time I joined TIA). They always had really good columns and employed people who supported different clubs, including Liverpool, to write them. Over the years, I had to endure constant reminders and jabs at Stevie’s slip but I thought that I should take it on the chin and continue reading their columns, especially analyses of big games.

Yesterday, however, they posted an article which gave platform to the doyen of football punditry that is Danny Murphy to express his opinion that Klopp should be replaced by either Stevie or Alonso in the midst of this poor run of results, with betting odds included as well. Since the world has been going down the drain quicker than ever for the past three years, I’ve decided to shield myself from exterior negativity as often as possible, so I pressed the “unfollow” button quicker than ever in my life.

I suggest everyone does the same as media mostly consist of sensationalist, click-bait pieces of shit that swing from one extreme to another and I really don’t need any of that in my life. Pandemic, war, inflation, financial crisis, energy crisis - if we can’t create something good, then we should at least not let in the bad. World needs more Type O Negative, Bolt Thrower and Jürgen Norbert Klopp - I only wish that his luck and health serve him infinitely better than Pete and Kiddie, God rest their souls, because I don’t know what we’d do without him.

I had said it before he signed his contract - I’d have taken relegation if it meant him managing Liverpool for the next twenty years. Judging by how this season has been going so far, I think we’re on the right track for the former, so the latter has to be upheld as well!

14 Likes

Fixed that for you boss.

2 Likes

Bah… that looks like a dodgy website

1 Like

Don’t blame him at all for getting wound up at the lack of protection for Mo. It’s incomprehensible why he was red carded and Guardiola got of scot free for haranguing the ref when he went to check the screen.
How long will he banned and can we appeal?

9 Likes

Well done Jurgen, a lovely tactical switch made City look for the most part ordinary.

Clearly a 442 but much deeper and compact, Elliot and Jota worked their asses off to help the fullbacks. Key was winning the ball but countering at pace and precision.

1 Like

1 game, and probably can appeal, but Klopp admitted it was a fair red, so doubt they appeal it.

2 Likes

During the match I was rating Klopp 9/10 but then he got red carded.

10/10

6 Likes