Jurgen Klopp quotes

"We can defend better, we can attack better, we can create better, we can have a better balance in the game - there are a lot of things to improve.

It’s no problem, that’s the job. Otherwise we could have a holiday all week and just meet Saturday or Sunday for the game."

“We cannot play with four strikers, if you have an idea how we can do this, plus defending, come to me, tell me!”

Speaking about the criticism directed towards Karius for his blunders at Bournemouth:

“There’s no perfect recipe for development—but closing your ears helps. I’m quite good at this, hopefully he can adapt to my skills!”

(makes me still laugh, this one… :laughing:)

“My life goal is to make Jose smile.”

1 Like

“We are Rocky Balboa, not Ivan Drago.”

1 Like

“I have been here long enough now to know in the history of Liverpool, key players have left before – but the club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”

(August 2018)

1 Like

Klopp when asked if de Bruyne’s injury levels the playing field:

“I think somebody who thinks like that, about a situation like that, is an a**hole. I’m not like that. First of all, I wish him the absolute very best.”

“I love Kevin, I wanted him desperately when I was at BVB but he was at Chelsea & Jose didn’t give him to me!”

2 Likes

“In these moments the fuel is really low and maybe the players need a bit of help from an angry manager – ‘run or I will kill you’ – and they did that with a fantastic counter attack.”

Interviewer: “You’ve played 3 games and haven’t even conceded a goal and you’re top of the league - what are you going to tell me? It doesn’t matter?”

Jurgen: “Well if you stop the league tomorrow then we will start celebrating.”

I am German, so I don’t like it. But I have to remember that he is Brazilian.

After 1-0 win vs Brighton and Allison chipped oncoming striker and calmly passed the ball out. Anfield didn’t know what had just happened.

1 Like

Klopp: “I don’t know how the people in England think about me…”

Reporter: “They love you…”

Klopp: “Maybe go to Manchester and ask them!”

1 Like

Jurgen Klopp: “I have so much faith in my players. You can’t imagine.”

Klopp on accepting FA charge:

“I won’t make any comments on that because comments are obviously pretty expensive.”

Klopp on Rodgers’ return to the PL:

“As long as he’s not going to Everton I’m fine because then he might want his house back!”

1 Like

“My son sent me a video this morning and it showed coaches freaking out. Trapattoni was there and I was in the video three times."

“Very smart people say, 'If you’d won at Leicester you’d be champions’ and stuff like this but it’s all bullshit. Only weak people and idiots bring something like this up.”

“This is our first time trying to be champion, not the last time. Last season, we were 25 points behind. It’s all good and we will carry on. At the end, only one team will be the champion. We don’t need to summarise the season. If we win it, we win it. If we don’t there are no regrets as long as we give our best, and that’s what we’ve done all season.”

(Spring 2019, while locked in an unrelenting battle for the league with Man Cheaty.)

“It was not like I saw Bobby Firmino’s teeth and said ‘I. Want. Them!’.”

1 Like

“If God needs me to show that somebody loses six finals in a row and he actually tries it for a seventh time, then I’m the perfect person for it.”

(Spring 2019, before the Barca tie.)

1 Like

“It’s destiny. If we’ll be champions we’ll be champions but these boys deliver and deliver and deliver. How can you feel pressure when you do your best? So far 94 points? Come on. It’s incredible.”

After Newcastle May 2019