Jurgen Klopp quotes

“If somebody says to me ‘you don’t play Champions League next year’ then it’s ‘goodbye!’ and ‘thank you, have fun next year wherever you will be’.

“You can qualify for the Champions League, play Champions League, maybe win it or whatever. It is a much more satisfying thing than all the rest. That is what I would say. It is pushing the train, not jumping on the running train. That is what we need here.’’

(April 2016)

2 Likes

“I’ve told my players you need to win something before you touch the ‘This Is Anfield’. It’s a sign of respect. You don’t do it - it is too big.”

2 Likes

“I rejected clubs but I said when Liverpool came I would go, I can’t tell you why but I wouldn’t have gone to any other club.”

1 Like

“I’m completely different from the english philosophy of, we have to buy, we have to buy, we have to buy and its all about transfers because I believe in training.”

1 Like

Klopp on the transfer fees in the PL: “Guardiola, Mourinho and Conte don’t go shopping to Aldi.”

“To be honest, am I a nice guy? No. If you complain in the wrong moment, with the wrong words with me, I’m pretty sure, maybe, this is when you will have a real problem with me. So, because it is all about the team. So, as long as you understand this, it’s brilliant. If you don’t understand this is a team game, then, maybe we need a few talks.”

“My only job is to do my best in life. To care for my family and the people I feel responsible for. My only pressure is to be a good human being. I have no other pressure so it’s quite easy.”

"Anyone who has played four good games (for this club), will always eat for free (in Liverpool!).”

“If the players knew what is happening here, they would beat a path to our door.”

“We had no argument. I spoke. You cannot argue when only one person is speaking.” :laughing:

“If we play our best in pre-season, I’ve done something completely wrong. It’s another session, it’s not about beating our opponents.”

(in August 2016)

“Sometimes it’s better that you lose when you know why you lose than you win and you have no idea why you won.”

4 Likes

1 Like

Klopp wanted the players to take the credit and explained why he reacted so angrily when the Kop began to sing his name in the second half.

“Please don’t sing my name before the game is decided,” he said.

“When the Kop started singing it [Leicester] were alone in front of Simon Mignolet. I don’t play. It was the same at Arsenal. It is nice but not necessary."

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/i-expect-us-jurgen-klopp-wants-consistency-leicester-win/

Short and sweet quote but typical Klopp “BOOOOOOOM”.

2 Likes

Let’s do it like on TIA. Only quotes in this thread, lads and ladesses. Cheers!

2 Likes

“Since I said what I’d do if I player said to me he would only come if we have Champions League (put the phone down), no player had said it to me!"

After the EL final defeat against Sevilla in Basel:

“It’s about using the experience from tonight & I promise everybody we will use it. We will come back stronger, 100%.”

(With hindsight, he held a bit of his promise, didn’t he? :sunglasses:)

4 Likes

“They [the players] are responsible for good performances. I am responsible for bad performances.”

2 Likes