Jurgen Klopp quotes

“This is our first time trying to be champion, not the last time. Last season, we were 25 points behind. It’s all good and we will carry on. At the end, only one team will be the champion. We don’t need to summarise the season. If we win it, we win it. If we don’t there are no regrets as long as we give our best, and that’s what we’ve done all season.”

(Spring 2019, while locked in an unrelenting battle for the league with Man Cheaty.)

“It was not like I saw Bobby Firmino’s teeth and said ‘I. Want. Them!’.”

1 Like

“If God needs me to show that somebody loses six finals in a row and he actually tries it for a seventh time, then I’m the perfect person for it.”

(Spring 2019, before the Barca tie.)

1 Like

“It’s destiny. If we’ll be champions we’ll be champions but these boys deliver and deliver and deliver. How can you feel pressure when you do your best? So far 94 points? Come on. It’s incredible.”

After Newcastle May 2019

“The energy level Hendo and James Milner had on Tuesday, the chasing mood, I thought they were like wolves who nobody had fed for eight weeks. They were pretty much unplayable. That inspired everyone.”

On the news Salah, Mane and someone else share this years Golden Boot:

“Auba too? Do they have three boots? It is good. They are all my players.”

“Normally when I win, 20 minutes after the game I am already half-pissed …”

Jürgen Klopp, 1st June 2019.

"Let’s talk about six baby
Lets talk about you and me
Let’s talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
Let’s talk about six"

3 Likes

‘Just had Pep Guardiola on the phone. We promised each other that we will kick each other’s asses again next season’

Asked if he’d prioritise the EPL title this year because he won the CL last year:

“Unfortunately I’m not good enough to decide that, I have to take what I can get. We didn’t decide last year we’d win the CL and ignore the Premier League, obviously.”

On being the first German manager to win the Super Cup and whether that will have an impact on other coaches from his homeland…

"I didn’t know that and I never thought about things like that in my whole life. It’s nice, there must be a first one so I’m sure I’m not the last one. There is a lot of good coaches in Germany but it’s nice to be there, but I don’t see myself as German really. I am German and I like that but I see myself more as European and I felt like that again tonight. That when we all have the same targets we are so close to each other, in parts of life it looks sometimes that we have different ideas, different targets, but as people we are all the same.

“We want all the same and when we have something so wonderful like loving Liverpool FC, then it shows that we could really be much closer together than we are in reality. So it’s not about me winning it, it’s about LFC winning it, winning it for all the people who support us and I can feel how much it meant to all these people and that makes me really happy.”

Klopp on Rodgers: “I hope from the fans it (the reception for him) will be okay. From my side it’s fine. I pay enough rent to him!”

Before the Man Cheaty game in November 2019:

“Even the guys selling hot dogs (at Anfield) need to be in top shape for Sunday.”

The game was won 3-1.

1 Like

Klopp on Sean Cox visiting Anfield on the same Sunday:

" When it happened it was my lowest point at Liverpool. Something like this should not happen around a football game. I hope to see him before the game, I really want to. We don’t just sing You’ll Never Walk Alone, we live that."

4 Likes

“These are difficult times across the world (beginning of the pandemics) and it is so sad that so many look for what divides us, rather than a sense of community and society that can bring us together…”

1 Like

“In a dressing room, you don’t look at someone and see colour, creed, sexuality or anything of that nature. You see a friend, a teammate, someone who you can help and someone who can help you.”

1 Like

1 Like

“I have no clue how somebody can doubt these boys, to be honest. But if it happens, then thank God it isn’t my problem.”

1 Like

“You sit here and ask me this question, but fly from Madrid to be here. They close schools and universities… but you think football is worth it to travel.”

Jürgen Klopp exchanges words with a journalist from Spain about coronavirus ahead of tonight’s Champions League game between Liverpool FC and Athletico Madrid.