Klopp's best signing

Was incredulous that there was no mention of Bobby. Then my dumb ass remembered he was here already. :person_facepalming:

Was still the defining Klopp player imo.

1 Like

Alisson or VDD just toss a coin!

We are ignoring the coaches? I vote for our mysterious throw in coach Thomas Grønnemark

1 Like

I think I’ll go with Alisson.

He’s such an important player to the whole thing and vital cog. He would be my concern on replacing of all the players.

Salah for 30m was an utter bargain as was Robbo.

1 Like

… and what about the elusive defensive coach we never got … :rofl:

Salah ended up being £43.9m so far.

LMAO I was waiting for the first suggestion of Bobby. I’m just sad that it had to be you.

Obi Wan Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

43.9m is a sheer bargain. Ridiculous given his output for us.

Teams have spent more than twice that amount for utter duds.

1 Like

It does seem that way, but £40m was a big outlay when we spent it on Mo.

It only feels like a steal because a couple of weeks later PSG bought Neymar for twice the world record and transfers doubled overnight.

That’s how Roma felt afterwards. They were incredibly bitter and complained that we’d had them off. Too bad - £40m was a fair valuation at the time. Two weeks later it felt pretty cheap.

1 Like

As I said bargain.

One half of Antony.

1 Like

Still a bargain.

People we’re spending double on attackers that did less than useless at the time.

He did make Bobby into a much better player though. So some credit is due there. A lot of managers would have Mane or Salah central, but Klopp recognised that Bobby was able to alternate between 10 and 9 as the need arose.

Promoting a kid from the youth system to the first team is in my eyes similar to a signing.
Much as I’ve criticised him, Trent is hands down the best signing.
Value for money #1.
Impact on the field #1.
Versatility #1.
Potential to become even better #1.

2 Likes

Joel Matip him along the signings of Mane and Wijnaldum was key

Best signing? One? It’s too difficult to answer!

Like everyone else I go to Salah, Van Dijk, Alisson, Robbo, and it’s a good shout for Mane too. And of course there are many more in with a shout, and Matip was a very astute Bosman.

If it can only be one signing, I’m going to say Mo Salah.

I knew he was a good player, but this good? Wow. He has exceeded all expectations, by far.

1 Like

I think back to just how bad our back line was before we paid the big bucks for Van Dijk…

Lovren, Skrtel, Sakho, Ilori. Yikes.

Matip on a free was pretty substantial too.

What…! No love for Ben Davies :wink:

I was doing this with central defence too, and the before/after with Van Dijk is stark.

Then I thought about the goalkeeper, and thought about Mignolet, and Karius, before we paid the big bucks for Alisson. Again the difference is stark.

It’s why I ignored it all and went for Mo Salah!

1 Like

attack wins games, defence wins championships.

your mids and forwards are much more free when they trust your back line. confidence starts at the back.

1 Like

Our back line for about 2 years was like a brick wall.

1 Like