Kostas TSIMIKAS: 2020/21

Don’t agree. Milner is a PL veteran and has played regularly as LB. It will make sense if he is preferred over Tsimikas, specially considering how critical the remaining games are for us.

Agree.

In hindsight, Klopp should have given him some minutes during those games between late Jan and late Feb.

Anyone confirm this is accurate? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Yes it does mean wanker. It’s also used among friends as a term of endearment.

So it’s all good.

6 Likes

:rofl: I can see exactly why it’s happened;

*Thiago beats Tsimikas with tricks and skills in training.

Tsimikas “You Malaka!”

Thiago “What does that mean?”

Tsimikas “Oh err like someone who is sound, good, boss like!”

*Thiago remembers a few days later whilst making his birthday post to Kostas!

:rofl:

7 Likes

Since he won’t be at the Euro, I guess he will have that intense grooming and preseason he missed last season. We do need him to chip in if we are to have a successful season.

1 Like

Klopp has to select him first. At the moment, there’s more chance of me picking the winning lottery numbers.

1 Like

I think that’s because we have an unstable and unusual backline. He would have picked some minutes if we had a regular backline with Fabinho protecting them from midfield.

2 Likes

This, and possibly if we were allowed the 5 subs he could start him and sub him off if he was struggling.

2 Likes

I’d say an utter disappointment so far. He can’t be showing that much in training when he is fit to be considered so rarely. I can give him until the January window and a chance to integrate into a VanDijk lead defence but then we should cut our losses.

2 Likes

TBF if all Jurgen’s 1st choices remain fit we might as well just have a load of Nats as backup.

Given the CB crisis, I assume Klopp felt he had to keep with the first choice full backs, limiting Tsimikas’ opportunities. I’m therefore not too disappointed with him so far on what was a mad season - better that we’ve not seen him much, than seeing him and being disappointed?

As @Jimmyscase says, we need to see what happens when Virgil (and Gomez/Joel/Konate?!) are in the squad. Expect to see a fair bit of him in pre-season games, then play the LC/FA cup games and the odd game when we have fixture congestion. If he’s not performing in training he’ll be gone pretty sharpish.

1 Like

What do people expect from a back up left back?

Robertson stayed fit all season and is one of the best in the world. He only ever looked tired in very short spells, never for a prolonged period, which isn’t surprising given he’s probably the fittest player in the squad.

Tsimikas is a good player, he shouldn’t be moved on because he can’t get in the team ahead of Robertson.

8 Likes

Yeah, jokes aside (looks like he was out 3 nights in a row), I feel there’s a good player in him, although I can only judge from bits and pieces. It might depend if he really wants to go (and if some unusual offer arrives), but I think if you ask us, he stays and with a more normal situation at CB, he plays more games next season.

2 Likes

Contracting COVID and getting injured ahead of matches he would have likely started didn’t help his cause either. I hope all the lads in the team, including him, have a proper pre-season this time, so we can “judge” their quality and readiness properly.

1 Like

Assist for Greece’s second goal away to Norway, game on.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Good to hear (especially the first two points), in that case, I hope and I’m pretty sure he stays then.

With a more normal situation in defence next season, he should get more playing time.

:ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

Tsimikas will be very useful next season. Robertson had a ridiculous season followed by a grueling Euro and Klopp will definitely spare him as much as possible.

1 Like

Robertson will be pushed into midfield to replace Gini and Tsimikas will play full back

:thinking:

New signing?