Kostas TSIMIKAS: 2021/22

Less than half a Mendy!

6 Likes

Not gunna lie though I wish the lad would get a good night’s sleep or two, I’ve never seen someone who looks so constantly tired :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Haha…Give one of those to Klopp and they’ll perform as good.

Sometimes coaching matters as well maybe… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You’d miss out on sleep too if you had Robbo constantly looking over your shoulder!

3 Likes

This :+1:

Last season I was worried that maybe he is struggling with the physical aspects of training.

1 Like

He looked knackered at the end of the Norwich game but it was much better against Burnley. Hopefully he’s not injured and he can give Robertson a run for his money. That cross for Jota was sublime, I think Robertson assisted Jota in a similar manner last season (maybe Leicester at home?) but Tsimikas’ battling attitude was even more reminiscent of Robertson, I’d say.

6 Likes

So, will Robertson reclaim the LB position, or will Klopp stick with Tsimikas as a reward for his performances?

Nice problem to have considering last season

1 Like

Robertson will get it back, but the good news is he’ll be able to be rested and not overplayed this season, and has the extra motivation of some proper competition for the spot.

12 Likes

I was wondering why he is always wearing a mask of his grandad…!
A mask of Jurgen I could understand, but the one he wears scares the kids…!
Really do like the way this guy has a no-nonsense approach

1 Like

Those bags under Tsimi’s eyes could be permanent facial features…thus giving you the impression that he is tired?

2 Likes

missed the game the day, so didnt see Tsimikas play,

but (and i not just saying this as Robbo is Scottish), we need Robbo in the team,
as every team needs that 1 player who will kick the opposition, as enforcer so to speak,
a player who doesnt take any shit, ask Messi, Neymar, Sterling, Rafinha, Suarez, numerous everton players!

I think Robbos is the only player we have like that.

If you had seen Tsimikas emerging from underneath two Burnley players with posession of the ball you might not be so quick to discount him!

With the way he played today, he deserves to should be disappointed if he doesn’t make the starting 11 next game. But it’s a great that Klopp has the luxury of making that decision and shouldn’t feel hurried to put Robbo back in before he’s ready.

Even if Robbo plays next game, it’s good to know we can comfortably rest him whenever we need to.

8 Likes

I think his crossing is on par or probably better than robbo. He also seems to be confident enough to take the set pieces as well.

Would be well worth using him against teams like burnley etc , saving robbo for the other sides.

What i would really like is if he is good enough to play on the right side as well. This would give Trent some breathers as well.

2 Likes

i dont disagree with what you write, about the luxury of 2 good LBs, and giving Robbo a rest

but Robbo is the only player i think we have who can go out and noise up an opposition player,
or kick them out of revenge

every team need that 1 player, that is why I think Robbo has the advantage.

I think we’ve seen that from Hendo and Milner on occasion and from Jota today.

I would always go with Robbo if fit, but that’s on consistency and ability more than tenacity.

2 Likes

Come on. He’s had 2 good games. Robbo’s been doing that consistently for 4 years!

2 Likes

Think that was his “arrival” moment that all players need if they are to be truly beloved by the fans. Vague memories of Robertson shortly after he arrived closing down the ball as they were forced to play back all the way to the keeper as Andys. You heard the noise off the fans in the stadium as they appreciated he was hurt, tired, end of a long game being roughed up by thugs and just about to be subbed off. When he came out of that battle Royale with the ball the fans knew they loved the Greekscouser! Made up for him.

9 Likes

Done himself and the club proud today. :clap:

3 Likes

Kost us what??? Rubbish :rofl: