Kostas TSIMIKAS: 2021/22

Missed the game the day, but watched the highlights on MOTD,
which i know is not the be all and end all but…

was Tsimikas mentioned? (i did have a few beers though, so may have missed it)

i was under the impression he was very good the day,
and emerged from under 2 Burnley’s players the day
enough to rival Andy, and enough to even get a mention,

or are we getting carried away with ourselves…

only time will tell…

1 Like

Tsimikas shouldn’t be ahead of Robertson, but he was actually was excellent today, and the fact Jenas and Murphy didn’t mention him doesn’t change that.

3 Likes

Not sure if it showed on the highlights but Kostas had an awesome
Moment where he was man handled by 2 Burnley players, battled for the ball on the ground and came out with it.

It was one of those moments that got the fans up outta their seats in a similar way that Robbo chasing down the Man City defenders did a few years ago.

I love shit like that

10 Likes

Well he assisted Jota’s goal so I kind of hope he got mentioned.

He was excellent today and really improved on the mistakes of last week. Yes if Robertson is fully fit then he is first choice but if Klopp has any doubts then he has an amble replacement.

3 Likes

He crosses the ball beautifully.

We used Robbo way too much last year and hope he gets a bit of a rest now and again. Kostas is a good alternative.

6 Likes

I haven’t seen motd, but if they didn’t mention Tsimikas specifically is says more about the quality of their punditry than it does about the quality of his performance.

2 Likes

Yeah not sure how you can fail to mention a guy who got an assist, got injured, had that royal rumble with the Burnley players that he won whilst injured and was man of the match in some places.

2 Likes

He was mentioned, but more in passing. His epic battle just after his injury was not included. Hopefully someone’s made a gif of it.

1 Like

This was after he injured his shoulder, whilst Gomez was standing waiting for the ball to go out of play so he could come on and replace him.

7 Likes

There you go :wink:

It will be interesting to see how he gets on against a good team.

1 Like

He had another similar moment before that. He was forced to go off after having received treatment on the pitc and so was standing on the touchline waiting for the ref to give him notice to come back on. The ref waved him on and he sprinted all out to nick the ball off a burnley player who hadnt even seen he was coming.

2 Likes

Saw him play yesterday for Greece, in Switzerland for a friendly. They were under the cosh for large parts of the game, and he couldn’t really shine when going forward, but he looked solid and dependent, and for some moments when Switzerland inexplicably lost pace and concentration (end of first half, end of second half), Greece were on top, and many good moves for them came from the left.

Greece lost 2-1 in the end.

3 Likes

The Greek team is pretty ordinary. These games will do a world of good to his sharpness and confidence. Please stay fit, Tsimi…

I Hope Please GIF

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Hahaha! That is unusually funny for a footballer!

2 Likes

Why the fuck is he in the photo with Fab. Would have been better if it was Mo

1 Like

Mo doesn’t know who he is

1 Like

Seeing him making this fun means he has now settled down and comfortable in his environment.

2 Likes

Would have been even better if he was with Joel. That would have explained how he got a funny side #NoContextJoelMatip :joy:

1 Like

Tsimi is a nutter. :joy:

I sense he’s another little extrovert and likeable in the dressing room.