Kostas TSIMIKAS: 2021/22

Best mates arent they?

And it came as a surprise to me. I presumed looking at his body language he would be more conserved kind of fellow. Suits to have such characters in the dressing room.

Bwahaha.

Looked good today as well. Robbo has a back up now thatā€™s going to challenge him. :grimacing:

3 Likes

I love him. I like that like Milner he is the sort that if heā€™s going to pick up a yellow hes going to make it worth it.

7 Likes

His delivery into the box is consistently good, he rarely hits a bad one when he has time. I liked the fact he was aiming back post with those loopy crosses rather than hitting them at that giant viking in the middle.

1 Like

I keep thinking he could do with some cucumber for his eyes.

Edited: as cucumber stick thing sounded like something else.

Robertson has missed half of the games this season. The real shocker is, he was barely missed. Tsimikas isnā€™t Robertson, but he is still so, so, good.

7 Likes

What did we pay for him? Wasnā€™t it something like 7 million Euros? Heā€™s a little belter either way :rofl::+1:

Not AGAIN!

3 Likes

ā‚¬13.00m :blush:

1 Like

For a credible understudy for Andy Robertson that is a ridiculously low price :rofl:, even if it is Ā£5m more than we paid for the main man :rofl:

2 Likes

I think he still isnā€™t the best of defenders but he has a mean streak about him, he seems to commit plenty of ā€œinnocentā€ and evenly spread tactical fouls, so the referee takes time to book him, a bit like our own version of Fernandinho. I donā€™t think that Klopp has ever rotated as much as heā€™s rotating now and itā€™s a testament to Tsimikasā€™ quality that he can play in a virtually unfamiliar defence and still perform admirably. That said, he still hasnā€™t played against the best wingers and fullbacks that the league has to offer, weā€™ll see how he does if heā€™s called upon against them.

Klopp must already know how heā€™s likely to fare given who heā€™s coming up against in training.

3 Likes

Bloody hell, Edwards :grin:

3 Likes

It wasnā€™t long ago we were being told that when you have an outstanding individual you canā€™t bring in other players in the same position because no one would want to just sit on the bench all the time.
This lad hasnā€™t just proved heā€™s a good back up. Heā€™s now genuine competition for Robertson. His delivery is at least as good. At the moment itā€™s probably slightly better. Another full back assist machine in the making.

8 Likes

The lad looks like he can get to the by-line also for delivering cut backs

2 Likes

Whenā€™s the last time we had two decent options at left-back?

Realistically, I donā€™t think heā€™s anywhere near Robbo, but heā€™s closer than most other left-backs in the world.

Love his personality, and his corners are art.

3 Likes

Not in my lifetime.

The only other LB depth I can remember that comes close in the history of the PL is maybe Cole and Sylvinho/van Bronkhorst at Arsenal.

Weā€™re lucky to have them.

4 Likes

Does anyone thing there is an option to play Tsimikas ahead of Robbo on the left wing?

Yes, although I donā€™t think it would be done except for injuries in midfield.

For Scotland, is Tierney normally the further forward if theyā€™re both played on the left?