La Liga discussion

It’s anything but do what they need to do which is accept a couple of years of shite and then rebuild.

Personally I’m of the thought process that Messi leaving or retiring would be a start

1 Like

Mes que un copy paste? :joy:

I never got it. Smaller clubs aside (can understand), a worldwide institution like Barca should have about a thousand ideas how to name something, get a slogan or pick/create a song/anthem.

I’m not jealous, obviously YNWA is often portrayed as the anthem of football and that’s nice to hear, but if I was a fan of any other club, I’d leave YNWA to Liverpool and stick to something original for that other club.

5 Likes

Another loss by Barca this time to the mighty Cadiz.

1 Like

Didn’t Cadiz beat Madrid as well???

1 Like

Yes.

0 - 1

If Atletico don’t do it this year… bloody turn off that club then. :joy:

On a serious note, let’s first see if someone else can break in the top 3 or 4.

La Liga’s been pretty predictable in last years as a top 3 in whatever order, mostly between Real and Barca. Still plenty of time for that to return to “normal”.

Sociedad also started strongly last season, but dropped off.

So I’m looking at Atletico trying again to take advantage of this “opportunity” (the big two not having the best of times). But also at the likes of Sociedad, Sevilla, Villarreal and whoever manages to lurk around those places.

2 Likes

Oh and… the great Thomas Lemar with his first goal in almost two years.

1 Like

It’s interesting that at least some of this is due to them finally being able to start playing the sort of real football we thought they might start to grow into back in about 2016 or so, before they gave up and doubled down of Cholismo. With Felix (back on form), Suarez (when fit), and with Koke being liberating a bit by a change in formation that’s also given them good attacking width, they are bordering on a real football side these days.

1 Like

Dunno seem to still win games 1-0, I remember the first Suarez game they scored 5 or something and then went back to the 1-0 and 2-0s

Though I haven’t seen much of them to judge them since Suarez arrived.

When will Atletico cure their eternal complex in games against Real?

HT, they’re not even present on the pitch. Been all Real so far.

Benzema is a class act. I think a saw a stat before HT, 22/29 successful passes in the first half. So underrated in the link up play. We adore Bobby and he’s different in his own way (better in the press, comes even deeper, is more of a midfielder who plays as a forward anyway), but technically and in terms of combination play around the box, Benzema is arguably the best out there.

Diego Costa has had his contract with Atletico terminated by mutual consent. Not sure what is going on there. You’d get why Atletico may be interested in this given how his form and fitness has been, but not sure why he’d give up 6 months salary.

1 Like

Its blatantly obvious they replacing him with Origi. :smiley:

2 Likes

They pay well too :partying_face:

1 Like

He hasn’t played since October, so clearly Simione doesn’t rate him as much as in the past, and rumours of him returning to the Prem.

Sounds to me like A.M are happy to release him and get his wages off their books and he has had interest from 1 or more clubs so would be easy to get a deal lined up being a free agent rather than a transfer fee in Jan or waiting til the summer

1 Like

Barcelona 1-1 Eibar . FT
Why would Gini want to go there.

2 Likes

ESPN is saying the Echo is saying that people close to Gini in the Netherlands are saying that Gini is staying. Eibar must have convinced him.

3 Likes

My friend Jenny said he`s not going anywhere and she should know as she drinks Gin.

2 Likes

You don’t have friends

Next

4 Likes
5 Likes