La Liga discussion

Madrid vs. Barcelona kick-off in minutes.

Madrid 2-0, it’s not even HT :joy:

Should have been 1-1, uncharacteristic sitter missed by Lewandowski. Think Barca should have moved beyond Busquets by now, he looks so slow in front of a really average defence.

1 Like

Fede Valverde is becoming quite the midfielder. Has some Stevie G attributes

He has, although worth pointing out in the context of potentially targeting him (which is surely a no go with as important as he’s become for Madrid) that he rarely actually plays in midfield for them

1 Like

Yeah, Valverde is a really, really impressive player. I have to doff my cap to Real Madrid - even though he took the academy route to their first team, he still wasn’t heralded as a part of their next generation and people didn’t speak of his in the same breath as the likes of Vinicius or Rodrigo, yet they took their time with him and made him an integral part of the side.

They way they are doing their business and developing young players (yeah, a lot of them were extremely expensive but I can’t remember the last time they missed a trick with one of them) while winning the highest of honours is something that I’m really envious of.

2 Likes

Sevilla Valencia currently showing on freesport in the UK

Sevilla really are 1 of the worst in Europe right now
Worst than Lyon who have lost 5 straight league games which is quite mad for them.

Defensively very weak, Isco really is a shadow of his former self
young cb back there losing the ball in his own 18 yard box now being subbed off 30 mins in.

I got that too :blush:

Guttuso is in Spain?

Gattuso, yes. Doing relatively well. Has this Valencia team pumped up, they press very high very well.

What a first touch by Lewa to put Barca 1 up tonight.

Fooled 3 players with that move.

:heart_eyes:

Villarreal is so crap :laughing:

Pique has announced his retirement.

1 Like

He’s been getting more games this year than I thought he would, but has been getting hammered by the fans in most of them. It seems like a better way of going out than forcing his way through one more season. Some of his businesses seem like they are a CoI with Barca as well so probably for the best all around.

Gerard Pique on the biggest loss of his career:

“Anfield. I’m not the kind of player who comes in the dressing room throwing things on the floor to express my anger. But because of the first leg advantage, I did just that.” #lfc [liverpool echo]

Atletico Madrid have placed four players on the transfer market and they need at least 2 to leave this January so they can balance the books,

Joao Felix, Rodrigo de Paul, Thomas Lemar and Yannick Carrasco.

1 Like

I wonder what sort of bath they’re going to end up taking on Felix. A little while back he looked like the heir to Firmino, but it’s just never happened for him and Simone seemed like an odd manager for him from the start,

3 Likes

If (and it’s a very big “if”) we could get him for a reasonable price, he could come here and learn from Bobby for a year or two. He’s still young enough to salvage his career.

2 Likes

I’d certainly consider him for a reasonable price especially with a manager like Klopp around as well.

1 Like

What a flop Lemar turned out to be there, incredible.