Leicester, the Foxes thread

It’s a good hire for Leicester if it happens though.

Are we following championship clubs now?

Not that it’ll happen (I hope) but I wonder how many people, both on this forum and elsewhere, would stop following us if we were relegated? :thinking:

2 Likes

Probably more an outcome of how bad they have fallen.

There are certain things that would make me less interested in the club, I would say relegation would make me more interested.

There is a championship thread. :rofl:

1 Like

To be fair we would still have an Everton thread if they had gone down :wink:

1 Like

Lower league discussion thread. :rofl::rofl:

Maybe some sort of closure after 5 years, for one of the most beloved club owner in recent football club ownership.

I remember watching that game on the telly and them coming back from an ad break and Humphries explaining what happened. My brother was there working as a photographer and had that horrible panic when they said it had gone down in the car park as I knew there was a possibility he could have been leaving at about that time.

It cast a huge shadow over the city. Complete shock and disbelief. Went down to see the floral tributes a couple of times and there were current players, former players and local celebrity types wandering round and everyone was just in their own little world of contemplation.

Was also at the first home game afterwards. A sea of white scarves and an incredible tribute before and after the game. I don’t think Kasper Schmeichel was ever the same after that. Seemed to hit him harder than any other player.

He did a lot of good for the city too did Vichai. Wasn’t just about the football team and getting his business name plastered all over a Premier League club. He donated £2m to help build a new children’s hospital and another couple of million to other hospital/medical causes in the city.

As owners go, im not sure a club could do any better.

12 Likes

Odd seeing a Leicester thread on the forum, and a first having a Championship team one - guess once upon a time they were relevant - or was it just Brodge?

Bodgers and then the owners.

Oh he seemed an absolutely brilliant owner.

Would pay for stuff for fans who went to away games as well.

2 Likes

Surely it would have been the other way around since they preceded him?

1 Like

He’d regularly do it at home games too. Beers, doughnuts, other treats for the kids.

My brother didn’t get to go on their Thailand tour the summer after they won the league but the main club photographer got to go. At the airport for the flight home Vichai comes to him and says he can have £10k of stuff from duty free as a thank you for his hard work. Not quite the BMW’s the players got but a nice gesture none the less.

3 Likes

Yeah I went with my mate to Cardiff away back before they won the title and we got a free pie and pint as well as a scarf. We in fact could have had about 14 pints and pies if we wanted :joy:

Vichai’s family own the concessions at the airport.

3 Likes

I know, that’s why he could give him a £10k trolley dash before his flight.

2 Likes

Apparently Leicester may be in breach of FL spending rules which are tighter than PL:

Makes you think if Everton did get relegated they would be in serious shit.

1 Like

Makes you think how much Brendan was to blame there.

Leicester with their team should never have been in a position where they were in a relegation dogfight.

1 Like

Interesting to see they’ve changed how they deal with it slightly.

If Bournemouth had’nt gone up with Parker a few seasons back they’d be in trouble.

Burnley may have issues with their spending in the summer, not sure what Sheffield United did, Luton hardly spent so will be fine.

You have to remember these clubs get parachute payments so they seriously are not acting within boundaries here.

If Forest went down :see_no_evil:

And as you say Everton, I’ve said before about Everton, if they went down there would be no guarantees they are already breaking quite lapse PL rules.

If Leicester don’t go up they will be in trouble, Leeds I’m not sure.