Leicester, the Foxes thread

The downside to that comparison is it took Klopp a while to see a meaningful up tick in results despite the change in everything that goes into getting results being so evident from day 1. Leicester dont have that sort of time.

1 Like

Looking at the other options, I think Leicester City is probably his best option.

Could you see him working under Levy at Spurs? going back to Chelsea? Southampton? It doesn’t realy leave him with many option

I think Rafa is well aware that he’s not getting a top club in England any time soon. Especially with the money, lure and competition he’s up against. You could sense that between the lines when he was recently giving an interview. He’s a smart man, knows when to accept appearing in media and say certain things, probably felt this is the time of the year when jobs might be available. Saying how if he cannot get a team ready to win, at least if the have potential to compete, get to Europe, etc. Of course he’s going to want to have another go and not let the Everton episode be his last one in England.

2 Likes

Yikes

If Leicester go down they’ll be straight back up next season.

1 Like

He achieved a league cup and Europa League final that season.

Performances were far better than they had been, Rafa would be a good option as he will come in and sort that defense.

Anyhow Smith and Shakey now :joy:

I don’t think Rafa will ever again get a top four job at a club from top five leagues, which is a crying shame. Still, it would be nice to see him at a club he can really help grow and where he would get decent financial support - from what I’ve read, Leicester aren’t one of those clubs because they have financial issues of their own.

Anyway, it seems it’s a moot point now since they’ve moved to get Dean Smith…

Well, perhaps the nicer places outside the top 4 aren’t moving for him either. Leicester have problems now, maybe he believed he would be able to keep them up and get more support. Infrastructure wise, they’re a good club. Their new training ground is impressive. Not long ago they were a team that won the FA Cup.

Most of their problems can be attributed to:

• Reluctance to accept reasonable prices for players running down their contract.
  • Reluctance to offer competitive packages to key players running down their contracts.
  • Choking repeatedly on top 4 (BR).
  • Overspending from a POV of FFP.

Should have given it to Shakey.

New names appear on the manager merry go round.

So did Wigan. Should he go there?

Not that unlikely though. Simone would be leaving Atletico after this season. German (except Bayern) and Italian clubs are always changing their managers, and any Portuguese or French (except QSG) would be obliged to have a manager like him.

I think the main problem is that Rafa is reluctant to move out of England due to some family issue.

He became quite settled here, shame with Newcastle in a way as he became settled there and the fans loved him generally.

Leicester would have fit him to be fair, Forest would be another if they stay up or get rid of Cooper.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1669334763092549633?s=61&t=CHnRQ3uRWoyAgq-tzUnftA

Wait…that isn’t Ten Hag?

2 Likes

Was my Leicester friends preferred choice due to the others being Ole and Parker. :joy:

Tv Show Lol GIF

1 Like

Telegraph:

Enzo Maresca gave an outstanding interview to become No 1 target ahead of other candidates, including Steven Gerrard and Scott Parker.

Pep taking even managers to the next level, or helping them getting their first jobs.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Real philanthropist, he is. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes