LFC Sporting Director thread

Loans and/or sales for some fringe players?

I wonder how much he had to do with the Szoboszlai, Gravenberch and Endo deals.

I would assume a fair bit.

Endo especially. That data must have been some sublime work so someone’s doing something right there.

1 Like

Mind you, Jürgen is a Vfb fan.

True, but I think they got exactly the right player for a snip.

1 Like

I would not be at all surprised if this was planned before Nov, no big marquee investments. A Full, balanced squad of solid, hardworking footballers getting adapted the system which has been in place for 8 years. Players who have learned the system but have the ability to play in different areas and learn knew roles. Liverpool 2.0 indeed.

Look at Bayer’s 3-4-2-1 that Xabi is running. Tell me that if that move happens, he has the players to fill those roles.

[center]Allison
Ibou VanDijk Robbo
TAA Szobo MacA Jones
Salah Diaz
Nunez

Kelleher
Quansah Matip Gomez
Bradley Endo Gravenberch Tsimi
Elliott Gakpo
Jota
[/center]

It could work. That first team looks fucking lethal in movement ability on the pitch.

2 Likes

Matip might not be here…

Funds will be available no doubt.

Might prefer Gomez to Jones and push Robertson forward.

Of course Klopp came with a history of running 4-2-3-1 and switched to 4-3-3 here (and a little 3-4-3 with Trent inverting) based on the team and the competition so it’s far from certain what formation Alonso would actually play.

The good thing is this team has not glaring needs: while depth may be needed in midfield and defense it will be difficult to find someone good enough to improve the starting 11 this summer.

More than formations and structure of formations…

Principles of play will be key. Knowing how to put them into practice on the training ground, because these days you have a lot of theory masters, not so much demonstrators (doesn’t have to be always the head coach, here it became Pep).

3 at the back, 4 at the back, 2-1 or 1-2 midfield, false #9 or proper #9, wingers wide or inside, CB or full back coming infield… all that really isn’t important.

Also, since it’s England and we’re a big that wants to be in multiple competitions in the second half of the season, knowing how to balance the time to train. Plain simply, you need a good pre-season and be of certain quality to make the most of the little time to properly train in between games.

It’s where I think we mastered it under Klopp and his staff, that was the biggest difference for me. The level of quality and consistency we could produce. With years, we got a group of people together that helped us squeeze the maximum.

1 Like

What do people think about this guy?

Liverpool are considering a move for Bournemouth technical director Richard Hughes to succeed Jorg Schmadtke, who is stepping down as sporting director at the end of the January transfer window. (Mail)

Did this guy exist? Was he created by AI or something?

Was he responsible for paying top dollar for all our rejects like Ibe and Solanke? If so then that’s a hard pass.

Solanke is a beast for them?

1 Like

He was a barrel of shite for some time, a decent 6 months doesn’t make him a good signing. Bournemouth recruitment was a joke on here as we were disappointed when they got relegated as they had established a reputation of paying overs for our outgoings.

Seems he was part of that team but has moved his way up.

Some of Bournemouth’s incoming transfers were indeed really poor and a big part why they were relegated at the time, but that’s also a long time ago in football terms. It’s also very hard for us to judge sporting directors. Not always the best CV’s make the right person for the job.

1 Like

Is Solanke just named to describe his physique?

Hey, he would be the perfect option! That man concluded deals that were great for our club, despite not even being on our books! We can only imagine what kind of wonders can he do if we actually PAY him to do the job! :joy:

Graeme Bailey
@GraemeBailey

Liverpool are eyeing up a host of potential replacements for Jorg Schmadtke.Bournemouth’s Richard Hughes, Brentford’s Lee Dykes and Brighton’s Sam Jewell amongst those they have done work on.

West Ham chief Tim Steidten is a leading contender to be Liverpool’s new director of football. [@SportsPeteO]
He has previously worked for Bayer Leverkusen bringing in big names such as: Wirtz, Tapsoba, Diaby, Frimpong and more big names (https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/1f440.svg)

2 Likes