LFC Sporting Director thread

Yeah, Romano is talking shit unless it’s something with a positive outcome for Liverpool.

:joy:

Thanks @Zoran and @redfanman,
Just trying to understand what is going within the club.
I do feel relieved when Jürgen said to us fans " you at home, don’t worry".

I just hoped that the whole team from bootroom/ coaching, Nutrition, medical staff, Physio, to analytics, Sporting Director, Technical director would stay together until 2026.
Life is never quite the way you want it to be. :pensive:

Yeah, it’s almost impossible that they all stay until a certain point.

They all have their dates of starting at Liverpool and ending. Different circumstances, successes, motivations also, etc.

We got this current team together bit by bit, people also left in the mean time (like Buvac).

We can only hope that the club soon employs more quality personnel.

1 Like

No he’s a clickbait merchant that people seem to treat as gospel.

Like I could make that rumour up or anyone else on here.

Also bit wary of the club did that unless it was to fill a gap for someone having to take gardening leave.

Also one other thing why would the club react two days after the Klopp news. I’m sure they could have approached Edwards far sooner to see if he was open to the idea.

Also isn’t this what his company can do for teams anyhow?

3 Likes

No one’s a gospel from the media, no one gets it 100% right all the time, but he does report a lot of stuff that turns out to be true.

Whether he’s always the first doesn’t really matter that much. That also changes with time, there will be new Fabio Romanos in the future.

We can choose if we want to follow everything (which is shit) or ignore everything (also shit). The structure we have in the rumour section is the best I think, only posting the best sources.

It’s more likely to come out of other clubs anyhow.

Im still gobsmacked people still believe gobshite Romano has any inside info at all anywhere.

4 Likes

And I think fellow posters like @Nikola are very good when it comes to detecting the quality of sources. As it also changes with time. From what I understood, he really puts an effort in looking at where certain news originally came from, etc.

It’s a constant “battle”, but it’s better like that than to absorb everything or ignore everything.

Forums like this are a big help, at least when it comes to Liverpool.

4 Likes

He and Ian Graham are still pushing forward with their start up company they co-founded a few years ago so he probably doesn’t want to leave his consultant role there so soon…I’d imagine conflict of interest would also play a part.

2 Likes

Wonder do we leave it after just an exploratory phone call.

Maybe an improved offer?

I owe you a beer for this - I really do my best to filter out bogus sources but I’m slowly coming into age when I want to hear only what I want to hear when it comes to Liverpool! :joy:

4 Likes

Ornstein is confirming that the Reds reached out to Edwards and he declined.

I am not surprised by that at all. I expected them to with Klopp on the way out, as it would be malpractice not to. But I totally understand why Edwards would rather focus on his startup.

Romano talks absolute drivel and then spinkles in a few tap-ins like calling the most obvious moves so people forget about the nonsense shouts.

He’s just another shit-talker on twitter. Unless the news comes from Paul Joyce then take it with a pinch of salt.

However, when it comes to Edwards hisnplan has seemed clear for a while. He makes more money as an independent contractor providing tailored analysis services than he does as a DoF at any individual club.

3 Likes

It’s the position I’m confused with.

As bringing him into oversee the process for a few months is sort of what his service would offer.

I assume we tried to get him back full time and he didn’t want to.

And I assume this happened months ago.

I suppose it just shows that FSG have learned bugger all over the years. As is typical with Americans if you can hire consultants to do the job for you then why not.

this is a joke right? Are your football management credentials also on full display here?

2 Likes

Don’t need a sporting director just pluck the players from the youth system

Romano:

EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool owners want to give one last try to bring Michael Edwards back!

FSG want Edwards to take over football and put new structure in place — including new sporting director.

It’s important to clarify that Edwards has currently shown NO sign of saying yes — but FSG will try again.

Liverpool owners want new structure to be decided as soon as possible, it won’t take long to see new faces.

Final attempt for Michael Edwards ready with an answer expected soon… or FSG will move on already in March.

This is crucial as Liverpool want a new structure in place before appointing new manager for next season.

1 Like

Slightly desperate but I suppose why not

Not taking no for an answer, I kinda like it. Next approach for him will probably be to plan a kidnap attempt. Can actually visualise a scenario where Linda orchestrates it all like some badass bond villain and JWH goes undercover disguised as a potential corporate client.