LFC Sporting Director thread

credit were its due, Romano did break this before Joyce… not in such great detail as Joyce, but still…

Jabbu-Jabba-the hutt!!!

For me, it doesn’t really matter who breaks first, if it’s in the same day or days, not to mention hours or minutes. Accuracy is more important. Helps if a few of these sources confirm the story, but they may have slightly different details.

4 Likes

true… Its because we give romano so much shit on this board, thats why i just wanted to high five the dude.

I think it’s obvious some briefing has gone on, and I reckon things are more advanced than we know.

Edwards overseeing Mitchell and Alonso would have me nursing a constant erection.

1 Like

Yeah, understood. Nobody gets everything right all the time and your career can change with time, but I really don’t mind Romano.

1 Like

So basically Edwards wants Gordon’s role?

that is the FSG way

Not sure what he meant total control. Which part of football operations previously was he not in control of as a sporting director? Or did it mean he wants to be the CEO basically?

Romano is better than most ITKs, but often he’s just shitstirring on behalf of agents.

2 Likes

Maybe he’d be slightly beneath Gordon.

All things football - Edwards.

But Gordon to remain between owners and the likes of Edwards and Hogan.

i think so, which is not a bad thing as Gordon had initially stepped away and come back recently because of Klopp leaving… So i think it would work well for all parties.

He posts a lot and that’s why I say, you can change with time. But I think he’s fine most of the time.

Cya later Gordon pal.

No I’m kidding.

Could Edwards not be brought back just to work closer together with Gordon but also take on the same footballing duties he did prior? Who really cares what someone’s title is, this is an ex employer who knows his worth to the club anyway. Chief Operating Sporting Director, there you go Michael. I mean who doesn’t wanna be the CODS of a football club?

Edward’s probably wouldn’t take ownership of the tea ladies contracts so he will probably oversee the whole football operation

1 Like

I think it’d be mostly Gordon’s role.

FSG’s move into golf, and their new group, has John & Linda Henry, Tom Werner, and Mike Gordon listed as members. Gordon also took a step back when it was announced they were looking for investment in us. IMO, I think FSG have their eyes on making their golf venture a success, and so it’d be ideal for them to have someone like Edwards, who already has had a strong working relationship with an impressive body of work to take the reins as a link between FSG and LFC. It could also open up other sporting opportunities for Edwards, potentially.

2 Likes

He will not be a sporting director… he will be above that

This is happening…

The negotiations have been leaked…

Bringing Edwards back in leading role of the club - that is simply the best sweetener for the sour feeling of Klopp’s departure.

But if what’s being reported has any truth in it and he wants full operational control on the footballing side of things…so what does this entail exactly?

That could range anything from kit designs to player contracts to recruitment and negotiations to the Academy to whatever else.