Ligue Un discussion

Reims just equalises against PSG in the last minute. Well taken.

Just 3 points the gap now.

Always good to see a good Neymar sulk.

VAR rules out Messi goal after he was offside by the original flick on by Vitinha but the defender intentionally gets the last flick on (still offside) into his path.

Salah goal v Wolves stands, this 1 ruled out.

Hey someone will be telling me next that the rules of the game are applied differently in France.

No Neymar.

Mbappe forced off injured, this was after he missed a pen…and missed the retake :rofl:

Marseille defeats PSG 2-1 at home. So that’s where Alexis Sanchez ended up…

1 Like

Stop it Messi man, wow what a game. 95th min winner from a free kick.

Shame it wasn’t Lillie.

Funny headline, and even the first couple paragraphs give the illusion they might be attempting to hire them as a pair. That would be a scream. Talk about drama.

1 Like

They did a lot of “cleaning” in the last two windows, maybe they did too much and ended up actually having a short squad in my opinion. Some stars got old and their backups are quite a drop in quality, some very inexperienced.

In principle, I really liked what Galtier was or is still trying to do, they had a very strong first few months. I would say back the man, if he can at least defend the league title and give the director and him the chance to further improve this team.

I don’t know what PSG expects. They’ve been chasing this CL glory in many different ways that they should know by now it takes more than just throwing stars on the pitch.

They had teams constructed with sense and some really unbalanced sides. I think Carlo had a good PSG team, Tuchel also came very close in Europe (he found a good tactical way of using Neymar and Mbappe really well, by swapping their positions depending on the situation).

The league is not great on paper, but even there, it’s like their focus can vain sometimes and they can be too relaxed. Then shit starts happening like Lille stealing a league title, losing some domestic cups, etc. They are always dangerous in Europe purely through the individuals factor, but they need more in order to “expect” to win the CL.

Even bloody City is struggling and they’re a much more balanced side playing years and years at the top of Europe’s best league. Much more competitive games week in week out. Juve losing finals whenever they get to a final these days. PSG not doing it yet isn’t really surprising, although I do believe all of them will succeed at some point.

I don’t know how you plan to win the CL, the only thing you can control is obviously building a top side (and I don’t think PSG had enough balanced sides), get constantly to knockout stages, QF/SF, have a side physically still at the right level deep at the end of the season and then mainly details decide.

Ancelotti, Emery, Tuchel, Pochettino yesterday, Galtier today, tomorrow it could be Zidane, Mourinho, whoever… and the “result” could still be the same.

So I say more than focusing so much on the manager, especially the one who at least at some period showed he knows how to create a balanced side, their board should look at themselves a bit more.

PSG are strange in that Paris produces more top players that any city in the world, yet almost none of them have historically come through PSG. QSI put money into developing their academy and it has produced some good players, but pretty much all moved on before their breakthrough. Their current generation is considered the best they’ve ever had, and supposedly part of the thinking of bringing in Galtier and Campos was that together they’d be more inclined to make room for and then use the players they produced.

Neymar has been offically ruled out for the rest of the season. He’ll tally just 20 league games again this season, his joint second best in his 6 years at PSG

1 Like

Lens really having some season.

Openda with a 5 minute hattrick, Clermont had chance to go 1 up aswell but not for a goal line clearance. Took his first goal nicely from tight angle through keepers legs then next 2 were curtesy of Clermont messing up at the back but credit Openda and co for putting the press on. Football for you.

1 Like

Will Smith Reaction GIF

The Marseille vs Strasbourg game was a bit odd, early sending off and yet Marseille, the 10 man team dominated and went 2-0 up.

Strasbourg then suddenly woke up and scored two in the last 10. Probably a very winnable game if they had played more than 10 mins.

Damien Comolli is the main football man there, I think.

PSG have been a shambles this season, be surprised if they don’t make a decision on Galtier soon.

2 Likes

Utter mess of a club.

There was lots of uncertainty about whether he’d sign a new contract there or even be offered one, and this seems to be being interpreted as the first step towards moving forward next season without him.

Lots of insider talk that they are actively trying to move on Neymar as well, but you’d think it would be difficult for them to find takers for both of them in the same window. Regardless, it seems PSG will be in the market for an expensive new forward this summer :see_no_evil:

1 Like