Ligue Un discussion

Can see both Messi and Neymar hopping over to join Ronaldo in the Saudi league…Neymar certainly, For Messi it would depend how serious Barca are about bringing him back…he may even stay put as a free agent for a few months before he decides.

PSG could target anyone really other than Haaland or Benzema. Probably end up signing Bernardo Silva & Goncalo Ramos.

Initial stories that they want Oshimen. That would mean the natural development is for Mbappe to go back to his preferred LW role and providing additional incentive to find an exit for Neymar.

He is playing inside left still, but in a front two. Not too dissimilar to the role on the left when he plays in a three. The question with Mbappe is will he ever make the evolution to the central striker in a three. Say, replace Benzema at Real as the central figure. Especially since Vinicius now has that left side for himself.

Let’s put it this way, If Madrid told him prior to joining he’d be the vocal point through the middle I don’t think Mbappe would sack the deal off.

Yeah, but the player himself currently still prefers playing that inside left role. He prefers facing the goal, taking players on, making runs, rather than having to also play back to goal, combine, etc. Great player, can see Real still being interested, but will be interesting to see how he evolves still.

You can still do that somewhat as a centre figure but he’d end up doing shades of what your Aguero’s and Suarez’s did by drifting wide occasionally, maybe you wouldn’t necessarily have the freedom as the inside role either side he takes up with PSG or France…I almost see him virtually as a carbon copy of Henry, except he’s more explosive than Henry was.

We’ll see. Real already having Vinicius on the left, being very direct… you’d need to have a proper linking player on the opposite side on the right. Or Mbappe really takes his game to another level, or adds another layer, if he will be able to combine both coming towards the ball and also attack in behind as the central guy. That would be Ronaldo Fenomeno stuff.

Although Vinicius himself is still in the last year of his contract, so that’s not solved yet.

Neymar’s absence has allowed him to take up positions closer to where he likes to play, but in this side, in this year in particular since Icardi’s exit, he has to have a more central role than he likes. We can question whether he should try to evolve into that player, but he has gone on record making clear he isnt thrilled with it and wants PSG to make moves to address it. Those moves require them bringing in an actual striker, and moving Ney to free up that spot on the left

They did want a striker last summer. Maybe in that case Neymar could’ve gone, although that’s also not easy to get sorted. Chelsea were mentioned I think. All in all, I do feel for Galtier. All of that happening while it’s expected to win everything in France and win the CL, also. Much bigger clubs and better sides have failed to do so. Maybe they should rebuild their attack in the next year or so. Too many question marks and it’s simply difficult, you’re always with a task of finding the right balance. PSG’s boss probably thinks, there you go, have Sergio Ramos and he will cover for all that behind. Doesn’t work like that, not as easy as it might sound.

4-1 down after 55mins and come back to win 5-4 with the winner being a 100th min pen…fair enough I’m sure there was nothing dodgy about that at all. :thinking:

PSG been an absolute mess this season but a mention for Lens for finishing the season on 84 points, just 1 behind PSG…unbelievable season from them considering where they’ve come from. Back in the CL after 20 years out. Franck Haise done an exceptional job there getting them promoted, back to back top 7 finishes and now this.

1 Like

Crazy how I felt the league had been over months ago and yet PSG have won, drawn and lost their last three so the title wasn’t won mathematically til last week end.

1 Like

Well I suppose it being PSG in a league where they have 10x more money than the other 19 teams put together would make you feel that way.

It’ll be somewhat interesting to see who their next manager is, if it’s not to be Mourinho.

What happens with Neymar, does he stay or go, where Messi ends up too.

With Benzema looking likely to leave Madrid, what does that mean for Mbappe.

Gonna be a fair few changes at that club.

1 Like

They really aren’t a great side to watch, seen them a few times and it’s so disjointed.

It’s like if you just bought all the best players on FM and ran it without any tactics outside a formation.

PSG manager sacked apparently.

Who’s Apparently?

Nothing apparent, Nothing apparently…

Can he play in central midfield?