Liverpool FC - Pre-season

occasionally…

The black kit goalie and red kit is one of the more pleasant combination of kits we’ve had in a while.

1 Like

I’m wondering if that’s a large part of the reason why we’re playing them…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Mac Allister the best player on the pitch in the deep midfield role.

I wonder which fucking genius on these boards has been telling everyone that’s where he will play for us?

3 Likes

Our defending is a bit of a worry.

Macca recoveries and Gakpo transitions in counter are dope.

Expect a bit more from our new no 10.

All in all horrible game to watch.

1 Like

Seeing Diaz score those two goals in that montage he needs to head to the barbers.

dont u think he would even be more effective a bit further up the field?

Loving our movement and interplay in the final 3rd but not the way we are playing defensively with the ball over the top. It’s as though we haven’t learned, we lose it in transition and continue with the high line by trying to play them offside and get beat by a well timed run, sometimes you just have to defend it

The red kit has a classic 1970s look about it.

1 Like

I think he’d be way less effective, he was for Brighton.

1 Like

Yeah I was scared it would look like the 00s version but it’s tighter like that 70s one.

1 Like

Sun’s gone in for Mark.

Players are in top shape.

I can see we’ve been working on quicker passing and give and go in the final third.

Bit of a worry that we’ve been without a #6 for most parts of preseason and a real shame that Bajcetic isn’t available.

2 Likes

Yeah I think the press looks good and we generally look to have more energy I was worried about the sloppnish after the goal and the goal itself.

1 Like

thats an interesting take @sweeting, so u prefer him as the DM then?

I suspect this is our starting lineup vs Chelski, with Gakpo up top, Jota on the left, with Diaz on the bench, and Jones in CM left. Macca as anchor…

The goal was poor but otherwise we’ve been playing well. A little wayward in front of goal but 14 shots in one half is pretty stellar and indicative of how we’ve played so far.

Szobo isn’t having the best of games.

Trent’s casual ability is just astonishing. At one point his first touch just bubbled over the defender. What a player he is.

On that note putting him closer to the action makes a lot of sense, I don’t love how exposed we can be but even in our old setup he’d usually be well ahead of the play, just on the right side instead of in the middle.

1 Like