Liverpool FC - Pre-season

I assume that you mean ‘The Redmen’ guy and not Curtis. That’s something that annoys me about him and other ‘professional Scousers’ on the internet. It all sounds so put on and artificial.

The same guy is presenting the video from the stadium in Philly and there he sounds totally different than he does when he’s interviewing Curtis. So did he think he had to lay on the accent a bit thick so Tokky Curtis could relate to him? If so, that’s very patronising.

1 Like

Ah give him a break, I defo speak with a broader accent at times; when I’m around others with same accent, after two drinks, or when I’m knackered. He could have been all three of these!

3 Likes

Nah ive met him thats how he talks

2 Likes

I know there is a lot of debate about Mac and where to play him, but from what I’ve seen one of the two in a double pivot is likely his best role. It allows him to get on the ball a lot and utilizes his ability to receive the ball under pressure and still use the ball productively. I think this is probably the best role for Gravenberch as well, and I think Jones has the potential to fulfil that role and grow into the sort of player that England just doesn’t produce. There will be questions about the defensive solidity of any of those pairings, but I think outside of rare cases like Masch (almost of whom dont have the technical ability to play the role), defensive solidity in this area is more down to set up than the identity of the players so we should be fine. Baj may bolster it, but there appear to be question marks over his ability on the ball in that role with the seemingly different demands on it now under Slot.

It could have just been aesthetics, but watching on the telly the pitch looked to be a bit troublesome. Looked patchy and sandy in areas with a bit of a unreliable roll.

2 Likes

Fuck sake, Stevie Nicol is complaining that Slot is playing Salah out of position by playing him up top by himself.

You know the summer is over once Nicol starts infecting the airwaves with his moronic views.

12 Likes

A lot of description of the build-up phase seems to be about attracting the press and playing thru them. I think this misses some of the point…

Arsenal used a man-oriented press last night. What I observed was that while they do use the build-up to attract and then look to play thru the press, it does have a broader goal wrt the possession game.

The ultimate target I thought is how to use this to create space in the third phase. Meaning that it simply takes a new dimension vs a team sitting back

From watching Slot, you can tell a lot of work is going on wrt the build up. Was fascinating to see how they break up the initial phase, then depending on the press, stagger the position of a key player, whether it be the double 6 or a fullback, with the entire team adjusting at the same time to create new passing lanes…

That for me was probably the best part of watching this match…

2 Likes

I liked this from him, see’s the positives but also points out where improvements can be had.

1 Like
5 Likes

Who? LA? He’s got a Japanese Scouse accent a bit like Wataroo.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

We’re playing Sevilla at 12:30 and Las Palmas at 17:00 on the same day.

3 Likes

Quite common, strangely late in the day but.

1 Like

Also, you usually see that earlier in preseason when we have more of the youth prospects training with the first team so we have higher number of players.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what seems to be the case elsewhere.

Though we sort of did this a few years back with Barca and Berlin.

I guess it’ll be essentially a first team against Sevilla and then anyone who needs a few more minutes will play Las Palmas.

Might also be a chance for the first team coaches to take a look at some of the youngsters who haven’t gone on the preseason tour - likes of Morrison, Pinnington, Balagizi, Scanlon, Clark and Danns.

3 Likes

https://x.com/LFC/status/1819497383501131996
https://x.com/LFC/status/1819674067567521939

1 Like

Excited for this 1 tonight, “friendly” or not hope we pile as much misery as possible on these shower of cunts.

Let’s wrap up this mini tour with 3/3 wins and more importantly no injuries.

3 Likes

About time we beat the cnuts

1 Like