Liverpool FC - Pre-season

I wish I had painted and watched it dry.

1 Like

you lucky fucker.

1 Like

I assume the instruction was donā€™t go out there and donā€™t impress me as Iā€™ve already picked my side for next week.

Anyhow if we ignore that game the bench looks good :wink:

1 Like

Didnā€™t see it, but wondering if Jota might have edged ahead of Nunez as the number one central striker in Slotā€™s eyes? Or if it was more a function of Nunez arriving back later, so taking longer to get up to speed?

2 Likes

Quite a few of these only just back. Really mixed team and an empty stadium. Not overly surprised it didnā€™t amount to much.

3 Likes

Missed it. What happened?

2 Likes

Personally he is in my view.

1 Like

If he keeps smashing them in like that left footed volley, no complaints here.

I am hoping Nunez kicks on under Slot. All the athletic gifts are there, along with a few question marks over his finishing. If it clicks, he will score 30.

3 Likes

Just watching the 2nd game and Nunez was way out of sorts poor decison making, weak shots and heavy touches.

Hopefully it is pre-season rustiness, but needs to improve to be considered a starter in front of Slots boy Slota

2 Likes

https://x.com/anfieldsociaI/status/1822688324361896145

1 Like

Looked like he was just showing him a few dance moves to me. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I bet he looks good on the dance floor :joy:

He has the perfect head to do some spinning on :0)

2 Likes

Or use as a disco ball.

:0)

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if heā€™s looking for romance.

1 Like

I like the hands on coaching. Donā€™t want to be too simplistic, but two things seem to come across to me.

First, positioning is crucial. That seems to be what he was working on with Konate. I suspect that Konateā€™s athletic ability, and size, have helped him compensate for positioning that might occasionally be less than perfect. Slot wants better positioning. Bring it on! One other aspect about the positioning is not just as individuals, but also as a team, in particular when we are out of possession. I noticed in preseason that it seemed more disciplined, and there were less gaps out there for the opposition to exploit. In time, I expect this to help us reduce the amount of goals and chances we concede.

The second main thing Iā€™ve noticed with his coaching is how he likes the players to zip it about, close quarters, in passing drills. I expect this will translate onto the pitch in real games with some very slick passing, quick burst, bam bam bam, to open them up.

I think we will have more control in games, and will will have the ability to play slowly, and thoughtfully, before going quick quick quick.

It will be fascinating to see how it all develops.

1 Like

If heā€™s actually talking to him about what it looks like he is talking about then itā€™s pretty concerning that he didnā€™t already know that :joy:

1 Like

What was his predecessor teaching him?

Klopp out!!!

6 Likes