Liverpool FC - Pre-season

Everyone buy a shirt please!

2 Likes

I blame his haircut

2 Likes

They don’t need my fiver :joy:

Second half was a big heap of fun and frustration; chances landing on heads and feet of the least likely players of ours to score. Kelleher’s gotta be cursing his luck not to come away with a clean sheet. Can’t remember seeing anything quite as manic as that from us in a long time.
Manic or intense. Osasuna played their part well in stout defence trying successfully to avoid an Anfield hiding.

1 Like

Christ they really don’t want you cancelling. Have asked me to confirm 3 times

1 Like

Preseason goals
Mane 3
Minamino 3
Jota 2
Firmino 2
Origi 1
Ox 1
Salah 0

Sell him I say.

1 Like

‘Small streams make a big river.’

(Chinese saying)

:wink:

7 Likes

I think if we can read anything into that pre-season it’s that we’re not going to be seeing the slow, laborious football that we had to sit through in the first few months of 2021. The high line and high press is back. It’s been building up in all of these games but tonight that was a different level, and with many players you’d consider not to be first teamers.

Hopefully with a little luck with injuries we can put on a show this season. This squad is more than capable of competing.

12 Likes

Also said in the old Boys’ Pen on the Kop.

1 Like

I’m old enough to know what you mean.

2 Likes

Agree with you. And the speed and intensity we’ll be playing with will need fresh legs throughout. I think we’ll see a dozen squad players ending the season with between 5-15 games.
I could base a selection of half of those on the game tonight alone

Ox was very lively tonight

4 Likes

Having a fit and rested squad doesn’t half make a difference.

5 Likes

Having watched both games in the past 2 days I have to say the lads look very focused. No slackers on show. I’m hoping Jurgen has reminded the squad of the absolute shite we had to endure for the whole of last season and the lads are keen to settle some scores.
The ones who have impressed me most today and yesterday are mainly those who contributed very little last season - Bobby, Ox, Keita and Tsimikas. Like 4 new signings if they carry this form into the season.
We look strong all over the pitch and look to have some good youngsters coming through. I’m confident we’re going to do great things this season.
Only downside is Robbo’s injury, hopefully he’ll be back after the international break.

10 Likes

Salah saving his 3 for the Norwich game

5 Likes

Gomez, surely!

1 Like

:grin:

Courtesy of TIA.

1 Like

Not sure we’ll really see that yet. Hope he scores his fair share early in the season but we seem to have a squad in the kind of condition to share the goals around a bit more, which is a really good thing if you look at our title-winning season.

1 Like

Only one of those gets jettisoned if I’m in charge. Thankfully I’m not.

This. Just cannot say enough how much I love Ox and been rooting for him over the last year to regain his form. He’s got his pre-injury quickness and acceleration back. For me, he’s going to be a big contributor for this season.

6 Likes