Liverpool Season: 2021-22

Especially as we’re playing the officials as well.

3 Likes

Told you I was crap at maths

Yeah, you’ve only got to look at last weekend as an example. Everton being the victims of an obviously corrupt (or at least utterly incompetent) VAR decision might be funny on the face of it, but consider that it very likely meant that City gained 2 points they might otherwise have not. All of these decisions have a knock-on effect that make an already uphill climb for us seem impossible.

If United snatch a result at the Emptyhad this weekend, I might start to believe, but even then, it would require near-perfection from us in an increasingly congested list of fixtures for the remainder of the season.

1 Like

I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, I just feel that outside of a City collapse for the remainder of the season (or even a sizable blip), our best chances of more silverware are the FA Cup and the CL - both of which I feel fairly confident of winning, actually.

I’d be well pleased with that, tbh. A proper title challenge late into the season, and 3 cups. Not too shab.

2 Likes

Oh ye of little faith. Has our time under Klopp not tought you to believe? :rofl:

Was dreaming and thinking of a season where we win everything but the talk of a quadruple on early march is embarrassing imo.

2 Likes

Forest or Huddersfield away.

I’ll take that.

2 Likes

Soton Vrs Cheaters

3 Likes

That’s a very decent draw for us. Not a fan of it being away from home, but we should have the beating of either of those sides.

2 Likes

No bullshit - I could see Soton getting a result. This feels like the season where Pep will put all of his eggs into the CL basket. The owners no longer care about domestic cups, or even the PL. They want the CL above all else.

3 Likes

So, going on the Peaches differential for calculating inverted probabilities, we need 20 more wins.
Just sayin’

:wink:

4 Likes
7 Likes

Plundered from reddit.

Alisson could shit the bed tonight and he’d still wake up with a clean sheet.

1 Like

19 more wins in all comps to go :wink:

Hopefully we’ve got our bad performance out of our system without damaging our chances.

3 Likes

Yup. If we’re gonna lose, best it be in these two-legged ties where we still go through.

When’s the QF draw?

2 Likes

18th of March. Draw for the semi is on the same day. Winner of game 1 plays winner of game 4, etc.

1 Like

If they can get past Benfica I hope we draw Ajax. :+1:

2 Likes

Or just draw Benfica.

2 Likes

One English team already through with the other two pretty much certs as well. Ergo by Newton’s 4th Law courtesy of Sod, City will get Ajax/Benfica while we will get Chelsea.

2 Likes