Liverpool Season: 2021-22

8:15 kick off on a Wednesday. Fucking ludicrous time for travelling fans. Fuck kniws when theyll be back in Liverpool.

2 Likes

Are there even trains running that late?

Agreed, but we’ll still twat them.

2 Likes

Jeepers that’s more action than I’ve had in months!

2 Likes

Haha @WeeJoe

Nerd

1 Like

Friends Lol GIF by HBO Max

Well, that was lovely.

We no longer (currently at least) need any help from other teams beyond goal difference. Win our game in hand and beat city and we will be level.

All else being equal of course.

What a turnaround though, we went from “almost no chance” to well and truly in it in the space of about 2 weeks.

1 Like

Our chances doubled from 11% to 22% on FiveThirtyEight

Yep.

Firmino is out for a while and Jota has taken a knock and I expect him to be handled carefully. That leaves us with three major attackers for the Leeds game. I wonder if Klopp will preserve one of them for the League Cup final and field Origi or Minamino instead.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the only real problem at the moment. Time for Origi or Minamino to step up.
We got Diaz just in time.

And if we win the game, and the one in hand out goal difference will be at least 1 better than city.

So we just have to match their results goal for goal and the title is ours.

2 Likes

Moved for telly. City game not set, dependent on participation in the CL as to whether its on the Sat or the Sun.

Yeah I was aware of that, but assuming we both win all our matches we still need them not to blow everyone else away.

The result against Leeds helps a lot with that though :wink: plus I think it’s unlikely neither team drops points outside of our match.

The run up to that game is intense. Arsenal away, scum at home, (Watford home), City away. If we come out of that unscathed we’ll know a lot more about our chances; I suspect that’s why Fivethirtyeight still gives us pretty low odds. They are rising though.

1 Like

Updated :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :trophy:

:partying_face:

4 Likes
5 Likes

Since we don’t have a photos thread, I’ll just put it here:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

So, I’m totally rubbish at maths, but I reckon we need 22 more wins to guarantee the quadruple.

FA Cup 3 wins
CL 7 wins (a couple of draws would probably be ok too)
PL 12 wins (possibly could get away with a draw or two depending on our rivals’ results).

Extremely tall order tbh, but not completely impossible.

1 Like

Getting 7 wins in the CL from here would be a feat, as we only have a maximum of 6 games left to play in it (second leg against Inter, 2 legs in QF, 2 legs in SF, final)

I honestly think the PL is the hardest one to win, and the least likely for us. I fancy us against anyone over 2 legs in the CL, and would fancy us in the final if we make it, and depending on the draws, we should look good for the FA cup, but winning the PL just feels unlikely unless City’s so-so form continues for a while. Even then, we’d have to be near-perfect from here on out to win it. It’s a very very tall order.

2 Likes